• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaseshift

Reaction score
Has anyone taken their regular CXL's and shined them up like the j.crew collab below?

If so, please post a pic. Been going through this thread to see if anyone posted but didn't get anywhere.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My cxl are shiny like that without doing anything but wearing and horse brush.

balmoralsoccer

Reaction score
All the Alden shoe trees I've seen are made by Rochester. Woodlore is Allen Edmonds. I've seen both brands' split-toe styles at nordstrom rack.

I agree that 9.5d Barrie is about the upper limit of Alden/Rochester M shoe trees. The M trees I have only compress about 1 cm lengthwise in 9.5d Barrie's, barely enough, as others have said, to flatten the creases in the shell.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Me too. Not a ton of effort required to shine CXL like that.

Last edited:

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think that this is a big part of the problem.  Not saying that I am for/against unionization, but the Alden factory IS unionized (AFAIK), which I think is another variable in this equation.

What's your point about it being unionized? Pretty sure they don't give a s**t because they don't make a lot of money.

tampatravel

Reaction score

spamming your own FS items is against forum rules. 

How has this guy not been kicked off the forum? All you do minadocook is make snarky comments that add NOTHING to this message board - NOTHING!

HAPPY BOXING DAY!

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I am pretty sure he is the alter ego troll of another member. Just a guess. Ban sounds good anyway.

Last edited:

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's your point about it being unionized? Pretty sure they don't give a s**t because they don't make a lot of money.
It is commonly accepted that unionized employees have more [collective] bargaining power than employees that are not unionized. They would also have a higher degree of job security. Like I inferred before, I'm not looking to have an argument about unionization. If you disagree, so be it.

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Pretty sure they don't give a s**t because they don't make a lot of money.

I think that's a bit unfair. I give a s**t about my job and I don't make a lot of money.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has anyone taken their regular CXL's and shined them up like the j.crew collab below...If so, please post a pic. Been going through this thread to see if anyone posted but didn't get anywhere.

These are LS's Ultimate Jumper in brown CXL. This is about as shiny as I'd want.

Saphir Renovateur and a solid brushing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics