1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bbombers85

Bbombers85 Senior member

Thanks for the advice. J crew took them back even though I've worn them for a year. The salesman at the store said the welt shouldn't have opened up like that and it was a QC issue. They overnighted me a replacement pair as well. I was honestly surprised myself they did that after the wear on it, but it's definitely going to make me more likely to buy Aldens from them when possible.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  2. Organika

Organika Senior member

Wow I'm glad they replaced them for you. Good on JCrew customer service.

3. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

I really wish JCrew had more things that fit my style of dress. Their customer service is as good as any store I've ever done business with. Though replacing year-old Alden's raises the bar even higher. Good for them and good for the OP.

4. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

So awesome. I need a pair of black boots and go back and forth over what ones I want. These might be the ones.

Before bothering with a cobbler, I would get out the horsehair brush and go to town on those for a while and maybe add just a touch of something to condition them (I like the neutral Venetian Shoe Cream for my CXL). The scratch/gouge doesn't look too terribly deep and CXL can take a pretty good beating. After a bit of cream and a few minutes with the brush they will likely look pretty good again.

5. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

FWIW, there are a few different really awesome black boot ideas being tossed around in the latest Viberg SF thread. May be worth checking one of them out.

**sorry for non-Alden post. Just trying to help

6. wildstar

wildstar Senior member

Love these Cigars. Great pics, congrats. I got mine too and they are just as spectacular but unfortunately I ran into some problem and have to sell them. That's going to hurt.

7. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

They are on the Barrie last, notwithstanding the link stating "plaza." The item is described as Barrie and the pictures appear to confirm it.

This boot, while not NST, is on Plaza:

http://www.fransboonestore.com/collections/alden/products/alden-x-frans-boone-black-cordovan-boot

8. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

^ Thanks for clarifying this! I was having a really hard time seeing how those were Plaza. The link doesn't seem to work right now but it used to say they were on plaza.

9. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

That had me super confused last night as well.

10. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

If you go to the pics of the indy boot on plaza and the NST boot on Barrie, you will see that the difference (at the toe especially) is quite apparent. :)

11. Don L

Don L Senior member

Wishing it was on Plaza. I was confused as well but after looking at the front on image is was clearly Barrie

12. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

So has anyone who prefers an E width and half size down from D sizing in Barrie sized up in Plaza in a D width? Did it feel too long?

eg

You wear 9E in Barrie—can also wear 9.5D— and tried on a 10D in Plaza, which is "half size up from Barrie."

I can't fathom the 8.5D being a better fit than the 8E I tried in Plaza, even though I wear 8D in Barrie (but prefer 7.5E).

Damn these wide feet!

13. Lazytiki

Lazytiki Well-Known Member

Thank you for your reply. I am not sure if it is noticeable in the photos, but there is a flap of leather still attached to where the slice occured. Should this be glued down or something?

14. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

Some people will recommend using a little bit of "Shoe Goo" or a similar product on it. If I had some handy, I might use it, but I probably wouldn't go out of my way to get some. If the flap of leather is small, I'd probably try just trimming it with some cuticle scissors and then brushing.

I know Indy boots are expensive, but letting them get a little beat up just adds to their character IMO.

15. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

16. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

I wear 9.5E in Barrie and 10E in Plaza. 10E is plenty long.

1 person likes this.
  17. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Senior member

Relaxing today at the university with some lovely cigar chukka's.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  18. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew,
    thank you

19. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]

http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/14[SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!]
    [IMG]http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/1450970/width/500/height/1000

http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/14[/SPOILER]

nephew,
    wear your nst in only good health

20. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    king monk
    argyles otc
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
Thread Status: