1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

last daytripper run was speed hooks

2. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Brixton is just the name of the Epaulet special makeup (they typically like to name their designs) for a wingtip boot with all eyelets, antique edge, flat welt, and double leather sole. They've done it in Ravello (back in '09 I think), Color 8, Cigar, Natty CXL, and Oxblood calf. This new version from TSM I think will be almost exactly like the Brixton, with the only difference being a reverse welt.

3. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Senior member

I wish Epaulet could run some of these again. [​IMG]

4. smoothie1

smoothie1 Senior member

Does anyone know when DC will receive Ravello CT boot order? Thanks. Cheers.

5. Beatlegeuse

Epaulet hasn't had any rare shell colors in a long time, but I wouldn't be surprised if they ran these again using other leathers. I'd probably pick up the Natty CXL if they released those again. Actually, a brown CXL version would be pretty nice.

6. zennypoo

zennypoo Senior member

Alden of Carmel stock a brown CXL version: http://www.alden-of-carmel.com/Shoes-Brown_CXL_Wing_Tip_Boot_330.htm

Only difference from Epaulet are the heel broguing; AoC does not have them.

-D

7. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Senior member

I have the brown CXL from Alden of Carmel But I would probably pick up the natural CXL at well. I wouldn't think the color 8 was out of reach either.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  8. Beatlegeuse

The AoC version has speedhooks, commando sole, and a reverse welt, as opposed to all eyelets, double leather sole, and flat welt on the Epaulet Brixton.

I'm surprised they haven't run the Color 8 version in a while, I got mine back in 2011 and they haven't sold another run since then.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  9. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Guess is November.

10. mdubs

Mike is not always right. I work predominantly off my memory when I respond to these questions and there are far to many designs to keep them all straight. :) Plus I did not have a fun return trip home and am operating on limited sleep.

11. mdubs

I would personally say the flat welt is the most unique feature of their Brixton. The Color 8 also had an antique edge of my memory is still working.

12. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

It is.

13. SRichard

SRichard Active Member

after about 2 years worth of deliberation...finally got my alden indy's from unionmade on a recent trip to LA

i got the classic brown 405's...can anyone recommend the best polish/protector that won't darken the leather? i already have some collonil leather conditioner however that definitely darkened my wolverine 1000 miles...they are a CXL leather however

also the dude at the store recommended i get plastic toe taps...thoughts on these on the rubber sole??

14. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

Went to Alden SF over the weekend. Saw some whiskey chukka being packed, and another Cigar chukka on the display rack. This is the very time that I saw whisky in person, and I gotta say the color is amazing!

Will post some of my new cigar LWB with dark edge when I get time to take some pictures!

Someone should buy my leffot #8 LWB!

15. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

Thought it might be something along those lines. Appreciate the detailed response.

16. hjhr

hjhr Well-Known Member

Sorry for throwing this one out here again, know it's not a sales thread. Just figured I might have a larger chance of hitting something here that what I have done for the last past months in the sales thread. Just been looking for a pair of cordovan color 8 boots size 8 (barrie last, a TTS US8.5. But open to any lasts!). Alden. Please let me know if some of you are looking to sell or know someone who does! Thanks

17. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

Zug, Zug, Zug - only Zug in the snow up to the knees. Anyway, Dppr - didn't you post a pic wearing your MTO Shannons in snow that deep?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  18. Don L

Don L Senior member

Summer has reappeared in New England
    BB lined Suede LHS

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  19. kpag

kpag Well-Known Member

Picked up a couple pairs of shoes off ebay last week. They arrived at my office over the weekend. Finally got a chance to try them on this morning and was devastated to find that they don't fit. Have only ever worn my Indy boots which fit perfectly, but my size in the Trubalance last doesn't translate over to the Barrie.

Anyways, I'm selling a couple pairs of Alden shoes in 10.5D in the marketplace. Super bummed I can't keep them.

20. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.