1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tanbar

tanbar Senior member

I actually watched that after searching around for pics of the Church Hill before I bought them. Helped me make the decision to get them, thanks!

Thanks, almost went with the Winn Perry captoes instead of the Indys after seeing yours, but decided to wait it out for a shell straight cap toe boot.

1 person likes this.
  2. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

Thanks! Sometimes I think Alden should give me a free pair of Whiskey shells since I practically advertise for them with my videos. ;)

3. bustert

bustert Senior member

4. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew, looks good

5. smmrfld

smmrfld Well-Known Member

Belts that match whiskey and ravello

Hi all...a couple of questions:

1) Have any of you ordered a belt from Equus Leather that matches whiskey or ravello?

2) Are there any other belt makers (preferably very high quality) that have anything that reasonably matches those shell colors?

I recognize the variations in both colors, and I am also aware of the darkening/patina that develops over time. I have Alden shell belts in black, color 8, and cigar, and have been extremely pleased with their durability, but it appears that shell belts in exotic colors, or any color for that matter, from Alden aren't on the horizon.

Thanks in advance!

6. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    king nst
    argyles otc
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  7. inn8chiro

inn8chiro Senior member

[​IMG]

Special Delivery today, ready for a Midwest rainy fall and snowy winter.

2 people like this.
  8. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

can't help you concerning Equus, but a purchase from AE awhile back yielded a belt that IMO is a suitable whiskey match

[​IMG]

9. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

Spectacular! Are those the Unionmade reverse chamois? I would have grabbed those but for the soles. Though they look so good there, I could overlook that…

10. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

Rancourt offers 5 different shell belt colors on their site. I'm not positive but they may have what you're looking for

11. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

ugh... I have been trying to forget these...been trying to justify If I got these then I could skip the Snuff suede chukka and boot as this could fill those slots in my very casual wardrobe...lugged bottom right?

12. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Thanks! I'm pretty sure I got them on sale from Sherman Brothers in Philadelphia about three years ago. They used to do a sale after Thanksgiving, 25% off of whatever Alden stock they had. If memory serves, they didn't have my size in stock so they actually ordered it direct from Alden and had it drop shipped to my house I had it on my door step in less than a week. I remember because it came much sooner than I expected and my wife had intercepted it and hid it from me for a couple of weeks in protest for having purchased yet another pair of "horse-ass shoes!" Needless to say I was surprised on Christmas morning when I opened up a gift from my 5 year old daughter!

Sherman Bros. have since done away with that sale. I suppose it didn't help that I announced it here and a ton of phone calls from all over the country requesting the same deal followed. Sorry Mike at SB in Philly!

13. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

I do not think so. Single oiled leather sole IIRC. My only complaint with this model.

14. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

ok I feel better now - thanks :)

15. inn8chiro

inn8chiro Senior member

Yes they are from unionmade! They are great, but have an interesting odor :D

The soles might be an issue but I'll give them a shot, I'm a sucker for the brass eyelets and speed hooks

16. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Leffot has it on the commando....ugh...sad again.

17. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

Hope to see more pics of these over time. I am sure all will be well with the soles -- can always resole them with something sturdier when the time comes.

18. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Thank you kind sir!

Much thanks, Uncle! May I also add that your King NST are an inspiration. They are next! (I know, I've been saying that for a while.)

19. inn8chiro

inn8chiro Senior member

Any special care needed for these, or just beat them to death?

20. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew,
    thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.