• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thams

Reaction score
^ I've searched high and low for this boot. I contacted Moulded Shoe on the off chance there will be a future run. Waiting to hear back, but I already know the answer...

tigerpac

Reaction score
^Frustrating right? It's like jeez why won't you people take my money?!

shaunw

Reaction score
^ I've searched high and low for this boot. I contacted Moulded Shoe on the off chance there will be a future run. Waiting to hear back, but I already know the answer...

^Frustrating right? It's like jeez why won't you people take my money?!

Well if it makes you guys feel any better I had to order these from Frans Boone in the Netherlands and had to pay a fortune for them in doing so.

tigerpac

Reaction score
^It does not! But hope you're enjoying them!!

onehotchili

Reaction score

Sure why not... It's just a little snow. My feet even stayed dry...

Ha! I wish I had my Indy's on the other night going to a Christmas party. It just started spitting when I left my house, but 4 hours later there was 10+" in the ground. I was wearing my JGilbert Color #8 medallion toe shoes, slipping around around as I was shoveling my car out for the drive home. But all was good as I toweled the shoes off, let them dry over night, treed them the next day and brushed them later on.

In higher elevations we got 36+" and it skied great for my first couple days of the year this weekend. Yesterday I pulled the trigger on some new skis so my Alden budget is on hold for the next couple months. But it is good that winter is back ON in Tahoe! :slayer:

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice cigar plain toe boots, gentlemen

A question for those who own or have owned unlined cordovan PTBs... Don't they feel a lot less "solid" on your feet than traditional PTBs or other Alden lined cordovan shoes? My 990s feel a lot more substantial and solid on my feet than my unlined black PTBs. I like the unlined/flex welt feel on more models like suede dovers and chukkas but I'm not sure how much I like the unlined feel as we go through winter.

thams

Reaction score
Nice cigar plain toe boots, gentlemen

A question for those who own or have owned unlined cordovan PTBs... Don't they feel a lot less "solid" on your feet than traditional PTBs or other Alden lined cordovan shoes? My 990s feel a lot more substantial and solid on my feet than my unlined black PTBs. I like the unlined/flex welt feel on more models like suede dovers and chukkas but I'm not sure how much I like the unlined feel as we go through winter.
I do know what you mean with the unlined being less "solid" than lined shoes. However, I don't think this is necessarily a problem unless you expect the shoes to pull heavy winter duty (although I still believe they would perform admirably). I think the shoes were designed to have an airy feel, so I'm ok with how they feel on my feet. Maybe it depends on your expectations of how the shoe should perform. I'm happy with them because I have other shells to hit the winter streets. If my shell Dovers were my only shoe, then I might be wishing for something a bit more well rounded.

thams

Reaction score
Cigar Pitts are downright awesome. The eventual patina of these boots will trump almost any other model I can think of.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've found that stiffer brushes work better. You want to create friction/heat when it comes to shining shell. The goal is to soften the oils and waxes in the leather with heat.

Another member on the forum (Crat) has been know to use a stiff fingernail brush, wrapped in a cotton rag, to work on his shell...
nod[1].gif
Thanks! Will use the stiff brush on my shell exclusively. Good tip on the fingernail brush.
fing02[1].gif

Incoming. Pix of the new dovers...

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unlined cxl dover unboxing:

love this stitching: you can actually see the stitching on the wheeled edge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads