1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brp2

brp2 Senior member

Personally, I view most Alden boots as falling on the casual side, and I prefer them with commando soles. Unfortunately, I never got around to calling about these boots until today and there are two people in line in front of me. I doubt I'll get a shot at them.

Any idea on what these look like, and what the range of sizes was? I didn't bother asking this morning as I've already got the Cigar CT boots, and I figure a medallion toe will be more to the dressy side.

2. zennypoo

zennypoo Senior member

Probably like these. Few differences though: the pictured boots are black shell on Hampton last with black edging, DC alt wien boots are cigar on Aberdeen with antique edging.

-D

[​IMG]

3. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Leffot is also doing a run of the Grant Lasted Cap Toe boot or what they call the "Daytripper". It is on leather soles. Not sure if it's Waterlock or just Double Leather. But that is what Kathy is talking about.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  4. mdubs

I mirror this sentiment. As shell color becomes lighter, my chances to wear in inclement weather go to zero.

5. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

I'm with Buda on this one.:nodding:

6. brp2

brp2 Senior member

Thanks.

7. frankiej26

frankiej26 Member

mdubs,

Do you know happen to know when was that announced? Leffot told me to sign up for their email blast for any and all info on special cordovan make ups and I haven't seen anything regarding Ravello Cap Toe Boots....?

Sorry I'm kinda new at sourcing rare cordovan shoes thing...

Thanks,

frankiej26

8. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Retailers are not allowed to "advertise" rare shell colors. You won't get an email blast about them. Unfortunately you just have to know. 'Watch this space' is the best advice I can give. Or just call retailers and ask to hop on lists for makeups you are interested in.

9. Shouldaville

Shouldaville Senior member

Here's a 12E Aberdeen captoe boot listing from a few years ago. In the large size and E width, it doesn't really look Aberdeen. There were only 10 in this latest batch.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/178504/sold-alden-12e-medallion-tip-8-shell-cordovan-boots-sold

10. mdubs

Interesting! Good looking boot.

11. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew,
    thank you

12. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew
    looking good

13. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew,
    thank you
    limited run done by LS

14. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew, thank you +1 for suede chukkas with argyles

15. thams

thams Senior member

The most current run of Daytripper boots were open for pre-order in 2012, but they are just now going into production. This is why you haven't seen any email blasts or FB posts about ordering. I think a few people were able to get on the order recently -- probably because some of the people on the original pre-order dropped out because they lost all hope that the boot would be made (I was almost there myself). 2.5 years of waiting and we're almost there!

16. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew,
    overshoes solve this matter

17. stevefok

stevefok Senior member

justuhgeek, seems we are competitor this time. I am second on the list, bless you if you are the first on the list!

Cheers,

Steve

18. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    k wt boot
    argyles otc
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  19. Alpina

Alpina Senior member

20. thams

thams Senior member

Right, this picture was posted at the same time that Alden confirmed production of the Daytripper from 2012. I got a call from Leffot saying that Alden finally procured enough ravello shell to fill that order. I'm speculating, but I think Leffot's posting of the picture was more to signify that the boot is finally being made rather than a new pre-order being generated. I think the few that were able to jump on the order in June were lucky to have been able to do so. No doubt some "original" people on the order got sick of waiting and transferred their pre-order downpayment to another shoe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.