1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shouldaville

Shouldaville Senior member

Oh yes, I would have taken them if I didn't have another cigar blucher on the way (and still after the cap toe boot). I got on the list not that long ago, and I think I was first or second for my common size. The demand for an Aberdeen cap toe shoe just isn't the same as a longwing, PTB or boot.

2. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

My closet, the guest room closet, and a shelf in the garage are overflowing with shoe boxes from Tricker's, Alden, and Rancourt. My wife cares much more about the space I am taking up than the expense so these days she tries to make me do a 1-in-1-out policy for new shoes. It probably doesn't help that I also have an ever rotating stack of running shoes that I am going through in the garage and laundry room as well. On that note, somebody buy the shoes in my signature so I can justify more purchases! :crackup:

If you are concerned about her noticing too many shoe boxes coming to the door lately, you can always switch to watches. They are probably much easier to sneak into the house than shoes and boots! We'll see if my wife notices when my new Blumo arrives today. :smarmy:

3. TommyB

TommyB Senior member

Just got off the phone with them, and it seemed like I wasn't the first one to call about the Cigar Medallion boot... They only had E widths and apparently they're on the Aberdeen last. Since I'm 9D on Barrie and 9.5D on Plaza, I assume 9.5E on Aberdeen will be too wide? I'm still tempted... On the other hand, now that I posted this the 9.5E will probably be gone in five minutes.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  4. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

Not Alden sourced but related content - got my snuff suede belt from Epaulet. Bad picture but near perfect match with my snuff Dovers.

[​IMG]

5. Uluabob

Uluabob Member

Whiskey wings basking in morning sun here today, Tremont last is quite comfy for me

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. MoosicPa

MoosicPa Senior member

Got a call from Alden D.C. today, they received a cigar shell cap toe boot in my size, and I was next on their wait list..... :D

7. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

The standard Grant lasted Boot? Wonder if it was a return or something.

8. mdubs

Those are killer!!!

9. Uluabob

Uluabob Member

Thanks Mdubs! I really like Whiskey shell, wasn't a fan at first but has really grown on me. My dream Alden would be wingtip boots in whiskey on waterlocks with light sole edging, and why not full brass eyelets while I'm about it!

10. MoosicPa

MoosicPa Senior member

Yes on the Grant last.... they said they just received a shipment from Alden..... Not sure what other sizes they received.

11. mdubs

Have you seen my Crockett and Jones Group MTO that I am trying to put together?

I love Whiskey as well. Living in SoCal makes it very easy for me to pull off Whiskey as well! :)

I got the same pair (Alden DC Whiskey Wingtips) and have been fighting hard to not buy a second pair right now.

-Mike

12. mdubs

Dang, maybe they got my pre-order in as well! :)

-Mike

13. smoothie1

smoothie1 Senior member

What's the deal with those Ravello CT boots? When will they be delivered? I assume there will be some attrition on this order as well.

I wish the current cigar came in the color of Mac's wingtip boots. Unless it is medium in color, cigar does not appeal to me.

14. frankiej26

frankiej26 Member

When I spoke to Kathy this Monday she said that those were expected sometime in October. She also mentioned there may be another run of Ravello CT boots. But I think she said the next run may not have a Commando Sole, could be wrong though on that part though.

15. smoothie1

smoothie1 Senior member

Is the Commando more or less desirable on this makeup? Personally, I'd prefer double leather on rare shell I think. But Commando on shell makes for great rain boots!

16. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

You will get a different answer according to taste.

17. smoothie1

smoothie1 Senior member

I figured as much. But I was curious about what others think about the sole for a Ravello boot makeup.

18. justuhgeek

justuhgeek Senior member

Congratulations! Crossing my fingers and hoping they get a pair in 8D.

19. thams

thams Senior member

For functionality I prefer commando. For aesthetics I prefer a leather sole. I just tend to reach for commando boots more, so that would be my ultimate preference.

20. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

I prefer commando/other rubber soles on most boot makeups. I care a little less about it on lighter colored shell because I am less likely to wear the lighter shell in bad weather anyway - and so leather would be fine. There is a similar buzz on that over on the C&J MTO Central Thread. This is one of those makeups where I'd be happy either way. But I still prefer commando by a slight margin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.