1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Well-Known Member

I like the cuff. Just saying. [​IMG] These boots are rather nice for the winter.

2. panthro10

panthro10 New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I have been lurking around here for a while and have finally decided to post. I picked up these 403's last year around Thanksgiving. I wore them regularly last winter and have just broken them out again. As you can see from the pictures, the detail stitching at the top is beginning to unravel. It is worse on the right boot, but is also happening on the inside of the left boot. Has anyone else had this happen? I figure eventually I will send them back to alden, maybe when resoling is needed.

Also, I had a general question about sizing. Beneath where the bows are, my uppers are touching. I don't recall for sure, but I don't think they were that close when I got them, and that the CXL has stretched some. It doesn't bother me, but I am wondering if I should have sized down. These are a 7.5D and I am planning on purchasing a pair of #8 shell cap toe boots on the grant last. Do you think 8D would be the right size?

3. Todd V

Todd V Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  4. panthro10

panthro10 New Member

Thank you, Todd. That is the consensus I have gathered from browsing forums. The Indy's feel a little roomy, but do not seem too big. Their length seems appropriate to me.

5. MrDV

MrDV Well-Known Member

Outstanding donl.

1 person likes this.
  6. hoit1981

hoit1981 Well-Known Member

This is classic stuff! Almost snorted hot coffee out of my nose as I was reading. Bravo!

7. totalair1

totalair1 Well-Known Member

I like these...so much I picked up a pair today at Alden DC

See Ya,
    Steve

8. prez

prez Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Unlined color 8, Bresciani socks, Incotex pants

9. totalair1

totalair1 Well-Known Member

Stopped by Alden DC and got a pair the CXL LHS, plus I really liked the #8 shell PCT shoe, got those too!

See Ya,
    Steve

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Well-Known Member

Still very summery-hot. Sporting my J Crew tan suede PTBs. Very comfortable!
    [​IMG]

11. golfinz

golfinz Well-Known Member

Looking for Plaza last sizing advise as I don't own any Alden shoes. I'm looking at getting a plaza lasted boot. I wear the following:

Carmina Rain: uk 5.5 - length and width are good, the instep is a little high for my foot
    Carmina Rain: uk 6 - length is long but width is much more comfortable. Can't wear an oxford in this size, but a derby is doable due to the vamp/lacing properties of a derby
    Carmina simpson: uk 6 - length is a bit long, width is good, and the instep is good
    Meermin hiro - uk6 - length and width are good
    AE Neumok (65 last) - size US 7 - length is a bit long but width is ok

In all the shoes above were I mention that the length is a bit long, there is about two thumb widths from the end of my toe to the end of the toe box. My toes aren't very long and I feel like I've got a wide foot with a high arch lol

Any help? I was thinking either a US 6.5 or US 7 for a plaza lasted boot.

12. chipshot

chipshot Well-Known Member

Prez .. Sorry I asked this before .. who does this makeup? I want it with regular single leather soles.. Best to ya!:slayer:

13. bustert

bustert Well-Known Member

14. Watchman1

Watchman1 Well-Known Member

Yeah...that is the older color 8 on those....more of an oxblood.....which, I really like.

I have the same shoe and when I opened the box earlier this year I thought for sure they sent me black instead of #8

Mine are a deep purple color, those you have there are exquisite for real.

I would like to see some pics of them, in the outside light if that is not too much to ask.

You were fortunate to get that shade!!!

15. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Well-Known Member

AE 65 last should be about the same as plaza. AE 65 will be a little more narrow

1 person likes this.
  16. mbaum

mbaum Well-Known Member

Folks, Alden/Leffot dropped off by UPS today. Lovely, but what's with the color/ spot bleeding on the antigue edge? I have not seen that much spotting/ variation on any other antigue edge. Others experience the same who got this make up? Something to be concerned about?

Thanks,

Mike

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. ATLVol

ATLVol Well-Known Member

I am sure most will say, "they're just shoes......wear them and enjoy", but thats a tough one, especially since I would imagine that the reason you bought that specific model from Leffot was for the antique edge.....in the first pic, the appeal of the antique edge still shines through.

18. bkotsko

bkotsko Well-Known Member

While I agree the quality is substandard, the issue is extremely minor.
    It is excess dye on the sole edge.
    It can be fixed in about 10 minutes if it is bothering the OP that much.

If he were to contact Leffot about it, they may say send them back, but he could ask for a ~$10 refund to have his cobbler touch them up. (Hell, I would do it myself, honestly)

19. ATLVol

ATLVol Well-Known Member

I agree that it is minor and would definitely keep them myself.

Howeve, but I am sure it is dissappointing when that is the feature that differentiates that particular make up.

20. golfinz

golfinz Well-Known Member

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.