1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

^ Nice boots. Seems like they must be Trubalance.

Edit: oh. Answered already. Oops

BB has a "tan" suede PT boot on crepe, also looks like TB. Can order and they ship in a few weeks

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  2. epc2

epc2 Senior member

Anybody?

3. gosheik

gosheik Senior member

Thanks, gents. My first impressions are that these are very nice boots. Can't believe how soft and supple the suede is, especially around the ankles--on the complete opposite end of the spectrum when compared to shell. As for the last, it really feels and even looks (upon wear) more like a barrie to me, even though it's pretty clear that it's on the TB (given the "foot balance" heel and the less tapered edge on one side). For those who are averse to the "blobbiness" of the TB, I would say that concern is diminished here.

If you like the style, I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on these, as the quality, comfort, and looks are outstanding.

4. lewisod

lewisod Well-Known Member

5. epc2

epc2 Senior member

Sole,and heel makes me think it's TB , but if you provide the#'s inside the shoe i'm sure some of the Alden Gurus can get that info directly from Alldem,

Thanks,

6. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

Tifosi, you have good taste. That's my favorite alden (I have), there's a five way tie for unicorn Aldens I'd love to find in my size.
    Awesome combo donl. Did you see the white suede lhs on eBay? I thought of you.
    Congratulations, you are living the dream.

7. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

I deployed that very same whiskey shoe today as well. I paired it with a mundange kakhi pants, not nearly as unique as you.

I also observed Whiskey Tuesday when I wore whiskey NSTs.

A Whiskey Week for me.

8. gosheik

gosheik Senior member

Let de-coding begin!
    [​IMG]

9. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

All I can tell you is that they were:

Made in 2014 and completed crudely around May, they are pair #6 on order number 20X027 and that they have Speed Hooks (denoted by the H at the end of the model number). The D is an unusual thing for the model number to start with, but not mind boggling as I have a pair or two with the model number starting with D, such as the Color 2 LWBs. All my decoder ring tells me. Sorry if you were hoping for more!!!

-Dubs

2 people like this.
  10. gosheik

gosheik Senior member

Nice, thanks Mike! All those Cracker Jack purchases finally paid off :)

It would seem, then, that last/sole info is not to be found in the number markings. Instead, one must go to Alden to inquire about the details behind a specific "order number."

11. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

Sometimes the sole is mentioned in the model number. Specifically the Commando sole will add a C to the end of the model number and the Flex-Welt adds an F.... So the 4060 is the standard Color 8 Grant Lasted Cap Toe boot on the Double Leather Sole and with all eyelets and the 4060HC is the same but with Speed Hooks and the Commando Sole...

But the last, not to my knowledge unless I am totally overlooking a trend, like 4's are Grant lasted, but that isn't the case to the best of my knowledge....

-Mike

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  12. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Thanks, DV. Sorry for not giving you photo cred., but I assumed everyone here already knew.

13. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

Morning, Gents.
    Decided today was a King NST day.
    I am convinced the NST was meant for the Aberdeen last above all others...
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  14. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Agreed! Lookin' good, BK.

15. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Senior member

I agree, though I used to feel differently (preferred NST shoes/boots on barrie). I think plaza is a contender for NST boots.

16. lewisod

lewisod Well-Known Member

I have those in plaza

17. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

If I were to pick a "grail" or favorite Alden pair, it would be those cigar blucher captoes that Mike has. I think that Mac also has a pair.

Until then, these are a good substitute (#8 BB version):

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. what whale

what whale Senior member

Quick sizing poll: I know the test for a proper fitting boot/shoe is the widest part of one's foot being in the widest part of the shoe. I think I've achieved that, but curious, particularly on a Barrie lasted shoe, how much room do you guys have in the toe-box? As in, how much room is there between your longest toe and the end of the shoe?

Appreciate any and all replies.

ww

19. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

There are more than 2 criteria to see if a shoe fits.
    Brannock uses 3, but the shortcoming is with volume and instep height.
    http://brannock.com/cgi-bin/start.cgi/brannock/instructions.html

1 person likes this.
  20. lemmy127

lemmy127 Senior member

There's not a correct amount. It's based on your own feet. Like bkotsko linked, it varies due to the different measurements. My heel-to-toe Brannock size is about 12.6, my heel-to-instep is 13, and my width is C. I have 12D Barrie shoes and boots that fit fantastically and have about a thumb width of space. I have 13D AEs in their 5-last, and the amount of space is closer to a thumb width and a half, but it's the right size for my instep.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.