• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thams

Reaction score

Those look great. Best of luck with them. 
Come back and shoe us the creasing on the unlined after a few good wears.

Will do. I tried to try them on without creasing them and it was impossible. The slightest bend of my toes creased them immediately. Good thing they fit!

poena

Reaction score
What is the difference between the dover and plain toe blucher?

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What is the difference between the dover and plain toe blucher?
I would read through the last few pages of this thread. There was very detailed discussion about this just a few days ago and some comparison pics were provided as well.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

The dover is Unlined. The one that they are specifically referring to is Unlined in Color 8 with Medium Antique edging. Special order by Leffot.

-M

Don't forget that the dover has it's eyelets in a separate part of the upper who's edge continues down to the welt.

Dover:

PTB:

Last edited:

onehotchili

Reaction score
Don't forget that the dover has it's eyelets in a separate part of the upper who's edge continues down to the welt.

Dover:

PTB:

i really like how "sleek" the dover looks.... does anyone know if there is a Black shell version (or other exotic shell versions?!?). i already have something similar to the Color 8 shell version....

epc2

Reaction score

i really like how "sleek" the dover looks.... does anyone know if there is a Black shell version (or other exotic shell versions?!?).  i already have something similar to the Color 8 shell version....

DC has black and color 8 versions.

onehotchili

Reaction score
DC has black and color 8 versions.
Hmm... I'll have to give them a call. I somehow must have missed those when I was in the DC store last month on a quick weekend getaway. I was so focused on some Cigar shells that I saw which were unfortunately out in my size....

alexandchau

Reaction score
#8 Dovers just arrived - most comfortable shoes straight out of the box. Love the Horween stamp too.
Lucky you for getting the horween stamp, thams! Mine unfortunately didn't come with any. I was surprised how much better unlined shell cordovan holds it shape compared to unlined suede. Also, I noticed that the Leffot unlined version looks to be exactly the same width and length as my Alden DC Ravello lined LWBs. Here is a pic of them side by side.

thams

Reaction score

Lucky you for getting the horween stamp, thams! Mine unfortunately didn't come with any. I was surprised how much better unlined shell cordovan holds it shape compared to unlined suede. Also, I noticed that the Leffot unlined version looks to be exactly the same width and length as my Alden DC Ravello lined LWBs. Here is a pic of them side by side.
FWIW I didn't find these any more snug than my lined LWB and Naval boots. Just much much more comfortable out of the box. I would love a pair in Ravello, but I can't see that happening at any point in the near future.

thams

Reaction score

Hmm... I'll have to give them a call.  I somehow must have missed those when I was in the DC store last month on a quick weekend getaway.  I was so focused on some Cigar shells that I saw which were unfortunately out in my size....

What cigar did you spot there?

Last edited:

onehotchili

Reaction score
What cigar do you spot there?
Hmmm... I forget, I think a pair of LWB and boots. But honestly I was only casually browsing. My wife had picked up a nice little watch earlier in the day, so I was gun-shy about dropping more $$$ on some shoes/boots.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Betting it's the PT boot on commando, which they should probably put away as it seems all they have is that one faded out display pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads