1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TintoTerra

TintoTerra Senior member

the GoodYear wedge is very lightweight. comfortable too. wore it today. Foss Tugger boot

[​IMG]

Those are great! MUST NOT BUY MORE BOOTS. [​IMG]

2. William S.

William S. Member

Totally stoked - Leather Soul cordovan #8 jump boots in route ! Quick question though - should I decide I prefer the commando soles will Alden do the work or will I need to find somewhere else to get the new soles ?

Thanks,

Will

3. PeterParker

PeterParker Senior member

Totally stoked - Leather Soul cordovan #8 jump boots in route ! Quick question though - should I decide I prefer the commando soles will Alden do the work or will I need to find somewhere else to get the new soles ?
    Great choice! Alden can slap on almost any of their standard soles onto your boots; there are some combinations they will not permit, but I don't see any problem with a commando sole applied to the Jumpers.

That being said, I think the double leather soles are a perfect match for that boot. A commando sole would detract from its sleek and dressy appeal. It is because of the leather soles that I wear my Jumpers more delicately than my Indy's, which have a commando sole.

Regardless, enjoy those boots!

4. arrow

arrow Senior member

Thanks,

Will

Please share pics when you get em. I'm definitely interested in having Alden resole my Jumper Boots within a few years of wear.

5. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

Thanks,

Will

I'd use Alden for the sole work.

6. HorseHide

HorseHide Senior member

I'd use Alden for the sole work.
    I actually had Alden refuse to retro-fit a new chukka boot (I was looking for them to add the commando sole) - they sent them back and asked me to wear them for a while.

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

sorry if this has been posted, but heres a good video about shell cordovan [​IMG]

incredible. Thanks!

8. joz411no

joz411no Senior member

I actually had Alden refuse to retro-fit a new chukka boot (I was looking for them to add the commando sole) - they sent them back and asked me to wear them for a while.

It may have something to do with the welt needing wearing-in a little before they re-construct the sole.

9. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

That's interesting - did they say why?

10. HorseHide

HorseHide Senior member

They are reluctant to tear a perfectly good shoe apart (unlike others I haven't experienced Alden QC issues[​IMG]) because the shoe can only be re-soled a certain number of times.

11. mechanical pencil

mechanical pencil Senior member

Looking for a boot for the winter weather that will be pretty versatile and go with Denim, Cords, and some wool pants. Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Been looking at the Cap Toe with the Commando Sole in Dark Tan from the Shoe Mart. Let me know what you guys think.

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-men..._calfskin.html

FYI, these are made on the Hampton last, not on the Barrie as listed...

12. ninja07

ninja07 Senior member

don't know if this is the right thread for this. these are recently purchased preowned alden ravellos wingtip boots. really beautiful but the thing is that the size is a good half size bigger than my Indys 405 (11.5C). I can somehow make the sizing work with an insole, but don't want them to look too big and unproportional. what to you guys think? thanks in advance. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

don't know if this is the right thread for this. these are recently purchased preowned alden ravellos wingtip boots. really beautiful but the thing is that the size is a good half size bigger than my Indys 405 (11.5C). I can somehow make the sizing work with an insole, but don't want them to look too big and unproportional. what to you guys think? thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

They look like they may be wide for you. What size are they?

14. ninja07

ninja07 Senior member

They look like they may be wide for you. What size are they?

Hi, they are 12C, barrie last. thanks.

15. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

Hi, they are 12C, barrie last. thanks.

That's probably equivalent to a whole size larger than your Indy's. Roomy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.