1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. breck81

breck81 Senior member

@rydenfan

This was the stock image Leffot ran on their blog/tumbler in mid June I think. It was in regards to the pre order for the Cigar Indy and Ravello Day Tripper.

[​IMG]

Sorry to stir things up:/

2. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

Certainly you are not stirring anything up. I am on the mail order list and had 0 knowledge of the releases. If it had not been for this thread I likely would not have known. LS however would only sell their exotics to a preferred customer list.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  3. breck81

breck81 Senior member

@bespoken pa

I only found out because of Leffot's cryptic Instagram posting of my previous photo and a line about things "Knocking" and answering the call. It did not blatantly mention a pre order. I emailed Che, none the less, and there was a spot available in my size. Once again it was timing and a bit of luck.

I own another Leffot make up, but am no where near preferred. I just followed the rules laid out here. If you see an opportunity for rare shell...seize it.

4. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

I had a chance to order Leffot's Cigar Indy but went for Ravello captoe boots from DC instead.

Congrats to all who are getting those.

5. bespoken pa

Good luck indeed! Congrats on the pick up, i was fortunate to get in on the DC make up as well. Can't wait for my first ravello high boot.

6. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

They love helping people zero-in on their sizing for all of Alden's lasts.

Make sure you ask for Ralph.

7. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Thanks BP! It will be my first Ravello boot as well. Hopefully we will hear from Mrs.K soon.

8. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

I was told they may (estimate) be about 10 weeks out. This was last week. It will be interesting to compare them to the Leffot Daytrippers when they come out.

9. RevisIsland

RevisIsland Senior member

I believe Ralph is only there one day per week. I think it may be Mondays.

10. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Hmm, thanks for the scoop. About 2 weeks ago I heard production has started. I was just thinking the same thing about comparing these to Leffot Daytrippers. Commando sole will be one difference but I'm sold on Commando long time ago :)

Hopefully my cigar chukka and LWB from them don't arrive at the same time as my first baby lol. Otherwise I have to plan on mission of sneaking these in the house during the night.

11. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Can't tell if you are being serious or not. But in all of my experience I found Ralph to be the single biggest d$Ck and most unhelpful person ever. Anthony on the other hand is awesome.

12. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Seems like lots of rare shell in production at the moment. Congrats to everyone who has and who will be snagging something.

I am going be throwing some emails out today to see if I can get on lists for Ravello LWB and Whiskey PTB.

13. bespoken pa

@bakes thats messed up lol

14. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

I think the 10 weeks was very off the cuff and so I would not put too much stock in it. But it shouldn't take TOO much longer in theory. They were very happy with the LWB ravello color and were hopeful that the boots would be the same shade.

15. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Yep, I should have figured if you're in on the pre-order they would have offered a B width :)

I'm not upset about missing out on this one, I have enough pre-orders I'm still waiting on, but Leffot is kind of a pain in the ass, at least in my limited experience with them. I've been trying to buy there for years and have emailed and called asking if I could get in on some of their regular makeups and reserve my size (being a B width, I can't order from their regular stock since they only carry D and E widths), and every time they would give me a different excuse. Sometimes they would say that I couldn't order my size outside of their regular stock, sometimes they would say they weren't taking any pre-orders (this was before they rolled out their new pre-order system), and sometimes they would say they have NO intentions of re-ordering a style (navy suede LWB), only to order it and not allow me to reserve my size because they said they were only ordering D widths. Maybe one of these days I'll get lucky with them.

In other news, anyone know of any shops that will be offering a whiskey PTB soon? I've had my name on a list with DC and SF, but neither of them have given me any concrete plans I when they will re-order that style.

16. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

Just saw this! Have similar concerns of my own! :embar:

17. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Sorry about your experience with Leffot. They said they couldn't post the order on their site due to Alden's policy. They had a list running for both of them prior to the confirmation. I find going to stores to be helpful.

I almost said it will be my first Ravello high boot, and then I rotated my head and my WT boots are on my bed stand. They are one of my "projects"...

Both DC and SF got a run recently of the Whiskey PTB. I am not sure when they will do another run, but give them your name and 12B and they will include it next time.

18. epc2

epc2 Senior member

Just received my Whiskey shell wallet from Ashland leather , awesome,love the shade.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Looks good. They darken quick!

20. smoothie1

smoothie1 Senior member

I hate this new Alden policy. It kind of takes away from the competitive advantage of Leffot et al. These stores used to be great sources of leads, and more inspiration for ideas for me since I am not nearly as Alden acquisitive as most of this thread's subscribers and contributors. It's a dark day for Alden aficionados if sites like Leffot are unable to post about rare shell wares prior to selling, or at all, via websites, Instagram, blogs, etc.

What are you guys expecting for the color(s) of these upcoming Ravello boot batches from DC, SF, and Leffot? Perfect light caramely, lighter, too dark, like recent cigar batches have been? I am not totally out of the Alden game, and reserve a couple pre-orders here and there (on which I often pass). But to be completely honest, I have too many shoes, and piling on Alden rare shell colors that do not complement formal business attire seems more than a little silly at this point for me; thus, I refuse to collect any shell that does not see real wear for years.

Alright, those are my two cents! More photos, please!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.