1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

does anyone know if there is anything in color #4 coming up anywhere anytime soon? Just got my whiskey LWBs and Ravello LWBs...[​IMG]

2. blue collar

blue collar Senior member

^^^^^Damn those or beautiful saddles. Wish I was a frequent shopper (i'm workin on it) at LS to get the inside scoop regarding all the new make-ups that are available before the rest of the public knows about them. Being an 11.5 I miss the boat on some beautiful shoes a lot of the time[​IMG] . I check that page everyday now ha ha.

Nice work Tom and the rest of the crew at Leather Soul.

3. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

does anyone know if there is anything in color #4 coming up anywhere anytime soon? Just got my whiskey LWBs and Ravello LWBs...[​IMG]

Very few are made in that color Rob. The last batch LS got was all presold before they hit the store. It seems almost impossible to get that color unless you get in good with Tom at LS.

4. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

before those #4 PTB's Tom sold, when was the last time anyone had ever seen #4 on an Alden, or anywhere for that matter?

wasn't that more of a "one off" than anything else?

edit: I do see that Ron Rider has made up some...and he does often work with lesser known shell colors

5. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Damn, I sort of did the same thing...Ravellow shortwings (from LS bought here on B&S...awesome shoe I must say) and will be picking my Whiskey LWB's today

6. unclesam099

unclesam099 Senior member

To Unclesam099:

I have 'em and love 'em! They're 974 Color 8 on the Tremont last...

Thanks, do you have a photo?

I'm still reading about the different lasts and whatnot. I don't really understand too much about why this or that last is better or worse, other than potential fit of the shoe vs my foot shape. Nor do I understand how people get the same shoe, but on different lasts. But I guess that's how Alden does things.

I really need to go to a local store and check them out. Sherman Brothers is local to me, so I will try them out.

7. mtc2000

mtc2000 Senior member

8. cimabue

cimabue Senior member

9. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Nice Boots Cimabue! Are those The Shoe Mart boots?

10. cimabue

cimabue Senior member

Yes, Shoe Mart. Couldn't be happier. The worry about reddish-orange shell is unfounded. Medium brown with slight orange undertints. Perfect.

Go Alden!

11. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

random found this pic, labeled "ravello and mahogony lhs"

what do you guys think of LHS in these lighter colors?

these are great summer shoes, but since I wear a lot of khakis in summer...not ideal?

[​IMG]

12. Morgan

Morgan Senior member

makewayhomer, I've got the LHS in whiskey. I really wanted them in cigar, but Shoemart had a pair of irregular whiskey loafers in my size that I couldn't pass up. I think the lighter colors are great, but pair best with blue or grey trousers. Khaki kind of washes them out.

13. phantomx48

phantomx48 Senior member

Yes, Shoe Mart. Couldn't be happier. The worry about reddish-orange shell is unfounded. Medium brown with slight orange undertints. Perfect.

Go Alden!

Yup, just so everyone who is on the fence can compare, this is a reddish/orange boot (Grenson Christian in Honey hi-shine calf) vs. Shoemart Ravello Boot:

[​IMG]

14. Dexter_

Dexter_ Senior member

Wearing Ravello today as well [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ravello Cap Toe Boot

15. ChrisGold

ChrisGold Senior member

Also wearing Ravello, longwing with crepe.
    [​IMG]

16. ChrisGold

ChrisGold Senior member

Cimabue,

Glad you like them - Ravello is a great color and photographs do not do them justice.

17. phailing101

phailing101 Senior member

I just tried ordering some Alden cordovan boots in colour 8 off shoemart and they don't ship internationally??

I played around with the site and it would let me order any other shoes but Aldens.

I tried calling 1-800 number and it tells me I can't connect.

(I'm in Canada BTW).

Anyone know what's up with this.............or where I can order some Alden boots from??

**edit- never mind, Tony the Tailor is my new best friend! Great selection and international shipping.

18. srivats

srivats Senior member

[​IMG]

Ravello Cap Toe Boot

Those are wonderful!

19. Man with Apple

Man with Apple Senior member

[​IMG]

Ravello Cap Toe Boot

What last are those on? Looks like the grant, maybe barrie?

20. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Also wearing Ravello, longwing with crepe.

You beat me to those on eBay didn't you...[​IMG]

I wound up buying the cigar LWBs from the same seller. He had Cigar, Ravello(crepe), and Wiskey all up at the same time new in box for ~$550.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.