1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

^ Yep, was going to mention this. I passed - my name was added long before I discovered I am (gasp) not so into LWBs.

2. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

They are on the Barrie last. I double checked with J. Crew customer service on that and they said Alden told them they are Barrie. However, in my experience this shoe fits TTS whereas most Barries run large. I had to send my sized down pair back and get the TTS.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  3. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

One of Alden's best. :nodding:

4. sevenfoldtieguy

What is the model number inside the shoe?

5. Dillardiv

Dillardiv Senior member

Guys, I know it's a bit blasphemous, but what are you thoughts on getting a brown shell Leeds MTO through AE to replicate the Cigar PTB that's been going around here? Seems like it could be a pretty close substitute, excluding the famous Alden finishing.

6. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Tried it. Didn't quite fill the void. YMMV.

7. srivats

srivats Senior member

Ah, just saw that. No for me :( I will wait . hope someone will make these with commando and blind eyelets.

8. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

somehow messed up post.

9. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

If those are, in fact, from Alden DC, then Alden DC apparently does them both ways. It just received a run of ravello lwb with antique, not dark, edges.

10. REguy

REguy Senior member

I wear a 10D in both the Barrie and Hampton, but I'm the exception compared to most guys. Most everyone seems to go up 1/2 size. The 10D Barrie is a solid fit for me, and I feel the Hampton is more form fitting yet still comfortable. I'm just shy of a TTS 10.5D.

I can only comment based on my personal experience. The two pairs they sent me are most definitely Hampton based on fit and appearance as compared to the other pairs I own.

The 1st pair should've been classified as seconds, and the replacement pair they sent was even worse. I'm not super fussy unless the defect is really bad, but I called, they gave me 25% off, and that enticed me to keep the 1st pair.

If I had time, I'd shoot some photos to show the differences in the toe, heel, and arch. When I ordered my 1st pair, I was fairly certain by the photos on their website they were Hampton and not Barrie, and my suspicions were confirmed when they arrived. Not trying to go against the Blaster, J Crew, or Alden tide here. I just want to save people the hassle of ordering the wrong sized shoes.

11. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

Try the c&j for Ralph Lauren brown shell ptbs. I am very happy with my pair and don't feel I need alden cigar ptbs, except when uncle Mac posts pic of his cigar ptbs.

12. thebeebs

thebeebs Senior member

you don't by chance have a link to these, do you? would be interested in getting a pair. thanks!

13. sevenfoldtieguy

+100
    I own these and they are great.

I also own Alden cigar chukkas.

I don't need, and will not buy, the Alden cigar PTB, but it is a great shoe nevertheless.

I used to own the brown shell Leeds. I have since sold them. The Leeds last (AE's 1 last), however, is great.

14. sevenfoldtieguy

Some currently on ebay. They are not online otherwise AFAIK.

15. thebeebs

thebeebs Senior member

^ thank you SFTG! Once I resolve the issue w/ my EG Chelseas (check your email) I'm going to look for a pair of these...

16. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

We must have very similar feet...
    Barrie and Hampton = 10D
    Aberdeen = 10E

17. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew,
    maiden voyage

18. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

Does anyone know if this is the current Ravello color being sold AoDC. I've seen some Longwing Ravello recently that looks almost Cigar. I like this lighter Ravello. They look great with either color of sole, both are exquisite.

19. Skatenc123

Skatenc123 Senior member

could anyone recommend somewhere to get a deer bone?

20. epc2

epc2 Senior member

Leffot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.