• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks all for your quick replies. They are 10D as pictured. I will not just return them, but am interested to see how they look in natural light and if the factory has something they can do about it. Worth a shot. They are still absolutely beautiful shoes.

Thanks,
Mike

Good luck Mike. Hope it works out.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Whiskey PTBs I finally got my Whiskey PTBs in the mail today and was super excited (all day) to get them. I got home and opened them up and started photographing. The green box of joy!
My new Whiskey PTBs!!! Again, unfortunately when I took this picture I saw a scratch (HORROR) on the toe area of the left shoe. Here is a close-up of the scratch. It does not look like something that I could just buff out as it looks like it is at the dye level. My poor new scratched PTBs. :-(
So, what do you think I should do? The scratch is clearly in the highest visible place of the shoe. Thanks! -Sad Mike
Those are an awesome pair of shoes, they have been on my purchase list for a while. Sorry to hear about that scratch/defect and hope it all works out.
I apologize if this has been covered but I am new to Aldens and certainly this thread. I've found the Alden boxes to be very small. It's almost impossible to store my shoes in them with shoe trees. So what do you do? Is it detrimental to "stuff" them in there?
Boxes are usually too tight with shoe trees so I just use the dust bags and store them on shelves.

Last edited:

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sooo uhhh does anyone know if alden would do a toplift only replacement?

Subutai

Reaction score

^^ I store on shelves as well. Boxes are def. too tight.

Those are an awesome pair of shoes, they have been on my purchase list for a while. Sorry to hear about that scratch/defect and hope it all works out.
Boxes are usually too tight with shoe trees so I just use the dust bags and store them on shelves.

Thank you for the insight

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

I apologize if this has been covered but I am new to Aldens and certainly this thread. I've found the Alden boxes to be very small. It's almost impossible to store my shoes in them with shoe trees.
So what do you do? Is it detrimental to "stuff" them in there?

Their boxes are silly small. Don't know why. I don't store mine in their boxes.

I also don't get why they say "Custom Bootmaker" on them either.

-Mike

brostymie

Reaction score
Bought a pair of pre owned whiskey shortwing from a fellow forumer. Liked it so much. Its in a good condition.
Thanks again Burton.
By the way does anyone have the list of J Gilbert 2014 make ups for pre order. Remember seeing it here but just cant find it.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BG, I think we are almost there!! In the post about the snuff it says tan and dark brown are due in shortly! Just in time for winter...

Yep, I can finally start to see the light at the end of the tunnel on this one. I wrote to Will from LS and he said they expect the tan and dark brown sometime in the next 2 months.

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Decided today was "bring your Indy to work day". Just felt like wearing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads