• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Good Evening Fellas! Wow Mac your socks are stealing some of the show from your amazing shoes.

Quick question for you guys. I won this pair of LHS CXLs in #8. I used Renovateur on them, but is there anything else I should be using?

I stole these for $36 on eBay. :)

nephew,
they look good, wear in good health

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just saw on Leather Soul's site that the snuff suede LWBs were just restocked. Did anyone here submit a pre-order for those about 22 months ago? I remember they were offering pre-orders for it when I ordered my tan suede LWBs. Hopefully, now that the snuff is here, the tan shouldn't be too far behind!

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Whiskey PTBs I finally got my Whiskey PTBs in the mail today and was super excited (all day) to get them. I got home and opened them up and started photographing. The green box of joy!
My new Whiskey PTBs!!! Again, unfortunately when I took this picture I saw a scratch (HORROR) on the toe area of the left shoe. Here is a close-up of the scratch. It does not look like something that I could just buff out as it looks like it is at the dye level. My poor new scratched PTBs. :-( [/
So, what do you think I should do? The scratch is clearly in the highest visible place of the shoe. Thanks! -Sad Mike
Nooooooooooo! They look absolutely gorgeous, but unfortunately I think you already know the answer to your dilemma. As you say yourself, it's in the most visible part of the shoe. Truly sorry.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Nooooooooooo! They look absolutely gorgeous, but unfortunately I think you already know the answer to your dilemma. As you say yourself, it's in the most visible part of the shoe. Truly sorry.

Thanks, yeah. I am a little bummed. I was very much looking forward to these. I am going to ask Kathy what she wants to do with them. I don't want to buff them and return them or reno them and then return them unless she tells me to.

-Mike

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Whiskey PTBs I finally got my Whiskey PTBs in the mail today and was super excited (all day) to get them. I got home and opened them up and started photographing. The green box of joy!
My new Whiskey PTBs!!! Again, unfortunately when I took this picture I saw a scratch (HORROR) on the toe area of the left shoe. Here is a close-up of the scratch. It does not look like something that I could just buff out as it looks like it is at the dye level. My poor new scratched PTBs. :-(
So, what do you think I should do? The scratch is clearly in the highest visible place of the shoe. Thanks! -Sad Mike
nephew, I am unable to tell from your pictures- is it a scratch? in the tanning process for the exotic colors the defects in the shell leather may not be totally covered. if this is the cause there is nothing you can do to cover the mark if those were my shoes, I would keep them

Subutai

Reaction score
I apologize if this has been covered but I am new to Aldens and certainly this thread. I've found the Alden boxes to be very small. It's almost impossible to store my shoes in them with shoe trees.
So what do you do? Is it detrimental to "stuff" them in there?

docalden2013

Reaction score
nephew,
I am unable to tell from your pictures- is it a scratch?
in the tanning process for the exotic colors the defects in the shell leather may not be totally covered.
if this is the cause there is nothing you can do to cover the mark
if those were my shoes, I would keep them
I'm inclined to agree with Uncle. They are, with the exception of the scratch, lovely indeed. Might you cover the scratch with a couple layers of paste or polish? Over time, I wonder if the scratch will sting you less as other scratches, scuffs and patina sets in.

If you're truly ready to part with them and they're 8.5d or 8e, please don't hesitate to reach out.
shog[1].gif
sorry, couldn't help myself. I've been itching to make a purchase all week...

Subutai

Reaction score

I'm inclined to agree with Uncle. They are, with the exception of the scratch, lovely indeed. Might you cover the scratch with a couple layers of paste or polish? Over time, I wonder if the scratch will sting you less as other scratches, scuffs and patina sets in.

If you're truly ready to part with them and they're 8.5d or 8e, please don't hesitate to reach out. 
shog%5B1%5D.gif

As of last week Alden DC still had the Whiskey PTB's in 8E ( my size too)...I decided in favor of the Whiskey LWB's though

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
B

shog%5B1%5D.gif

Box looks like it says 10D to me........

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I apologize if this has been covered but I am new to Aldens and certainly this thread. I've found the Alden boxes to be very small. It's almost impossible to store my shoes in them with shoe trees.
So what do you do? Is it detrimental to "stuff" them in there?

I personally don't store in boxes, rather on shelves (with trees)

but you are right.. I can't see storing in their boxes with trees being feasible

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
^^ I store on shelves as well. Boxes are def. too tight.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Thanks, yeah. I am a little bummed. I was very much looking forward to these. I am going to ask Kathy what she wants to do with them. I don't want to buff them and return them or reno them and then return them unless she tells me to.

-Mike

Sad Mike,

That sucks. My Whiskey PTBs have a similar mark on them but luckily for me it's on the heel so not very prominent and it doesn't really bug me.
I think that mark on the toe like that would just bug me too much.

- Another Mike

Last edited:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

-Mike

Sad Mike,

That sucks. My Whiskey PTBs have a similar mark on them but luckily for me it's on the heel so not very prominent and it doesn't really bug me.
I think that mark on the toe like that would just bug me too much.

- Another Mike

Thanks all for your quick replies. They are 10D as pictured. I will not just return them, but am interested to see how they look in natural light and if the factory has something they can do about it. Worth a shot. They are still absolutely beautiful shoes.

Thanks,
Mike

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the Thor Boot really ever going to happen? I feel like I read a post from over a year ago on getting that makeup off the ground.

Have you spoken with Leffot about the C width issue for their next batch of Navals? I know they usually accommodate E widths; I would hope that they would let one pre-order a narrow size.

Best of luck to you and the rest of our gang in finding whatever grails you seek.
I still have faith in the Thor boot. If not, I can live with out it. It would save me some money too. When I tried on the Naval boot and Steven and I determined that a C width is the only thing that would work, he said that I would be able to get them if he ever did a pre-order. When I asked if he thought he would ever do a pre-order for the Color 8 Naval boot, he kind of clammed up and became disinterested in speaking with me.

Great boots sazon. Color 8's always welcomed.
I was joking. Every time I inquire about his shell it seems they're mto aka NO CHANCE I'll be finding any.
I thought you might have been. I found them on their website after Uncle directed me to them.

Thanks all for your quick replies. They are 10D as pictured. I will not just return them, but am interested to see how they look in natural light and if the factory has something they can do about it. Worth a shot. They are still absolutely beautiful shoes.

Thanks,
Mike
Not sure the factory will be that willing to help when they know that some other sucker will gladly pay full-price for them as is. Remember, Alden HATES those who buy their shoes.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I just saw on Leather Soul's site that the snuff suede LWBs were just restocked. Did anyone here submit a pre-order for those about 22 months ago? I remember they were offering pre-orders for it when I ordered my tan suede LWBs. Hopefully, now that the snuff is here, the tan shouldn't be too far behind!

BG, I think we are almost there!! In the post about the snuff it says tan and dark brown are due in shortly! Just in time for winter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads