***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darnold

darnold Senior member

Just wanted to say that I love your blog.
    Likewise Jason, good stuff. I was in NYC the same weekend and hit many of the same stops. The moment that I found out about those ravello captoes I emailed Stephen, but was crushed that he disappeared them in my size before I came in. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Other comments without pictures: Winn Perry's captoe boot in tan vegano are absolutely beautiful, and a fantastic makeup. Highly recommended. I had to return my pair because of a very odd fit issue (the right boot was significantly smaller than the left in the toebox), but I wish I could have kept them. [​IMG] I ended up with a double waterloc reverse chamois on grant that I picked up on Madison ave, and love em.

2. davichan

davichan Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say that I love your blog.
    and another +1 Jason to your great blog, i really enjoy your obsession, and share the enthusiasm to learn allot about Aldens. please keep it up!

3. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Agreed on Jason's blog.

4. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

Likewise Jason, good stuff. I was in NYC the same weekend and hit many of the same stops. The moment that I found out about those ravello captoes I emailed Stephen, but was crushed that he disappeared them in my size before I came in. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Other comments without pictures: Winn Perry's captoe boot in tan vegano are absolutely beautiful, and a fantastic makeup. Highly recommended. I had to return my pair because of a very odd fit issue (the right boot was significantly smaller than the left in the toebox), but I wish I could have kept them.

[​IMG]

I ended up with a double waterloc reverse chamois on grant that I picked up on Madison ave, and love em.

I love these. I'm a little picky now though and would prefer sans speed hooks.

5. LeatherSOUL

LeatherSOUL Senior member

Votes for our contest have been counted. I'll post the results on Monday. The voting wasn't close.

6. Aquaphor

Aquaphor Senior member

Tom, was it a landslide for each Shoe and Boot category?

7. LeatherSOUL

Tom, was it a landslide for each Shoe and Boot category?

Yup, pretty much.

8. Casual

Casual Senior member

My parents are going to new York next week and I'm thinking about asking them to pick up a pair of Indy's for me. So was wondering if anybody has any suggestion for a store in New York that should have them in 10E?

Try Leffot or the Alden shop in NYC. Both are very quick to respond to e-mails.

The Alden shop is the only place I know of that regularly stocks wide widths.

9. halberdklown

halberdklown Senior member

well that was fast....

pardon the bad iphone picture, but is this typical for around 2 months of non-continuous wear ( probably worn every other weekend, and lately every other day the past week) ? All I really do is walk to and from class... I noticed this after I kept feeling like I was about to slip whenever I walked

[​IMG]

10. LeatherSOUL

well that was fast....

pardon the bad iphone picture, but is this typical for around 2 months of non-continuous wear ( probably worn every other weekend, and lately every other day the past week) ? All I really do is walk to and from class... I noticed this after I kept feeling like I was about to slip whenever I walked

You only wore those about 12 times?

11. halberdklown

yea, between 12 and 15 or so, since they were my first pair of Aldens and well, honestly I kind of wanted to baby them. But right when I decide that I should just wear them down hard I notice the slippage and the heavy wear there.

12. LeatherSOUL

Wow, that's definitely the most wear on a pair of shoes worn 12-15 times I've ever seen in my life. If you didn't say I would think it was about 2 years old, worn about 200 times.

13. jasonfoote303

jasonfoote303 Senior member

well that was fast....

[​IMG]

that looks like what happens when those leather tips get wet and don't get a chance to dry properly

14. halberdklown

great, L.A. gets a little rain finally and I get this

but wow, looks like 2 years, huh? looks like these won't last till the end of the school year

15. joz411no

joz411no Senior member

well that was fast....

[​IMG]

Do both boots look like that? The sole doesn't look nearly as worn/damaged as the leather tips. It does look more like dry-rot than age or wear. I can't even think of a chemical, in a puddle, in a public place you could have been standing in to cause that. I'd be interested to know how much that would be to repair. Please keep us posted, Halberd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.