1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sazon

sazon Senior member

Mike, lookin' superb, head to toe! (I'll assume you top half is as impeccable as your bottom)

2. sazon

sazon Senior member

They were a special makeup for the Ludlow J. Crew store in Tribeca NYC. Jan 2013. One of the best, if not the best, Ravello LWB ever made, IMO.

3. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

I'm setting out to acquire a pair of Color 8 shell Tankers. Obviously this shoe has been discussed repeatedly in this thread . . . I should have been taking notes . . . and the SF search function is what it is . . . so I figured I'd just ask: Where have people gotten theirs? The usual suspects (e.g., TSM and Alden SF) list them on their sites but are currently out either completely or of my size. Anyplace else I should check out? Last is unimportant, and for an interesting makeup I'm prepared to wait a while via pre-order or whatever - but I'd love to get a rundown of where I should be looking.

Of course, if this is thread-clogging, I would welcome PMs. Thanks in advance!

4. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

Leffot and context clothing have semi regular preorders on Barrie, Leffot's having antique edge. Both with commando soles. You should try to get on their mailing lists. Be advised that the last pre-order for the Leffot Tankers sold out in less than an hour and some more recent pre-orders for popular and/or rare models have gone in minutes or even seconds -- you will have to be ready to pull the trigger immediately upon the order going live and possibly need some luck even then.

For trublance lasted tankers, try citishoes in NYC.

TSM has the aberdeen lasted NST boot on leather sole. A dressier, more refined version with a different feel altogether. Beautiful boot.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  5. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

Gents - anyone aware of a retailer who carries a 6-eyelet chukka (TSM calls it an Ankle boot) in color 8. TSM appears to only carry it in black. Thanks.

6. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Only place I have seen recently carry the 6-eyelet is Frans Boone, but his are Black.

7. lemmy127

lemmy127 Senior member

I was in Context yesterday and they at least had a pair on display, if not currently available. It sounded as though they had some, although I didn't explicitly ask since I don't like NSTs.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  8. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

J Gilbert has had a list going for a year or so now for 6 eyelet #8 chukka on Barrie with commando sole. It has yet to get confirmed by Alden but you might want to put your name on that wait list. That is one of the few left I am anxiously awaiting

9. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

Yup, I saw them as well.

For some reason I can't seem to get to their website but I'll give them a call tomorrow. My preference is for something on Aberdeen but I'd certainly consider what you describe. Of course, my arm could be twisted for the Ravello NST's MAC posted a few days ago.

Much appreciated guys. Thanks.

10. mdubs

Uncle, I like the antique edges with your LHS. You had B. Nelson do that, correct? Regardless, they look great and have developed a nice patina.

11. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

Just a PSA: Before I send a pair of 2nds back to Shoemart, I wanted to offer them here if anyone wanted them at cost - they are Ravello LHS in 10C. Mdubs was spot on in identifying them - they were done specially for him but have a nick/cut in the leather on the right heel. Its really minor and not that deep - if the size worked for me, I would definitely keep them. Just want to pass the deal on so $499, which is the new exotic 2nds price direct from Shoemart plus shipping at cost. Feel free to PM me.

12. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

I want the Ravello NST boot with commando sole on Barrie, all eyelets. The one that apparently Alden has been sleeping on for Epaulet. One of my grains.

13. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

And for what its worth, here are the pics Mike took - Alden definitely repaired this cut somehow, I assume with glue - it definitely doesn't look anywhere near as bad as this. It is really minor and I am rather particular.

14. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Epaulet's version is a Brixton boot which is a wingtip boot

15. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Are you sure?

I asked Mike about the NST Ravello boot and I believe I posted a pic, he confirmed its the one they've been waiting on for almost 3 years.

16. mdubs

Must resist! Dang that is a cute dog in the first picture!

17. mdubs

All these Mikes being thrown around here is confusing me!

18. sazon

sazon Senior member

I was on that waiting list, along with many here. It was def a wingtip boot, unless Mike had something else in the hopper he kept secret.

19. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Almost positive. I am pretty sure he and I talked about it when we were together the other day as well

20. mdubs

Yeah, I am pretty particular. I am surprised that they sold that pair to me as a first and fixed it and them sold them as a second. I will just give them the benefit, as it is pretty small and in the rear of the shoe.

I wonder if all the shops open the boxes on all their shoes and go through them. I know that Alden DC does as I have heard comments about how much fun it is to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.