• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if there are any stores that sell a (dark) brown suede boot on commando soles in the barrie last? Ideally indys, but I'm open to other options (as long as they're not chukkas). If not on commando but everything else is right, I'd be open to that suggestion as well, and would just get them resoled.

Thanks.
I got my Tobacco Chamois Indys (not reverse) on Commando at Leather Soul. You could shoot them an email to check.

kumizi

Reaction score

The guys around here are quick! I wonder if Alden DC is amazed at how people find out that customers are returning shoes! Ha!

She said she probably answered 500+ calls this week about if so and so was in stock. Felt bad for here haha. Not too hopeful she is going to email/call with any availability.

Last edited:

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I took a shot on the fit, but I think I might have finally nailed my LHS fit. I went 10.5B. I am 10.5C TTS and get 11B in the Aberdeen, 10.5B or 10D Barrie. I have a pair of Cigar LHS that are 10C and I am probably going to have to either go sockless with them or deal with the pain on the top of my feet. I am going to try these on a few times at different times of the day to ensure their fit, but I just tried them on (at the end of the day) and they felt great! The LHS has been a tough one on me due to the three dimensionality particularly associated with these shoes.

-Mike
that's a major victory right there. I have the hardest time with the van last. congratulations, your ravello looks great.

specialk0449

Reaction score
Just a tip, I ordered a pair of LHS in Ravello from the Shoe Mart last January. I just got my shipment notification. Not sure if they ordered any others with mine, but might be worth a shot.

-Mike

I placed an order 4 weeks ago for a pair of Ravello LHS in 10D from TSM. I received my shipment notification today as well. Can't wait to get them.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Friday afternoon happiness.
ravello boot.

I Lust those boots

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a much better desert style boot than anything like a Clark could offer.

Couldn't agree more. I have a barrie lasted snuff suede chukka on crepe that has a desert boot style/feel. Even with these, I still think I could add the LS Safari boot. I'd like to try and switch out the round waxed laces on the snuff chukka in favor of a flat cotton lace, not unlike the laces on the LS Safari boot.

I'm working a medical conference tomorrow and will be on my feet all day. I plan to wear the crepe soled chukka. It's my first and only crepe sole Alden and I've really grown to like it.

Next to leydon chukka on flexwelt for reference.

Last edited:

jkiu

Reaction score

PSA : A fresh (never tried on) pair of Whiskey Shell PTBs size 9D is on way back to Alden DC. They should be back in stock on Monday!

And thanks to you my wallet has just gotten a little lighter :D

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

And thanks to you my wallet has just gotten a little lighter :D

So you're the lucky one that's first on the list????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads