• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildstar

Reaction score
What a great looking family you have there, wild! Maybe I do need some wingtip boots... Who are yours by, Wild?

You do need WT boots! They are really awesome. Very substantially solid boot. I got mine from Alden DC. But I think it is a standard model 4461 that is also available at other dealers like Alden San Francisco and TSM. Alden NY has the same model but on a commando.

wildstar

Reaction score
Thanks! I saw them at AoC, but they are on commando. I would normally prefer that, but I like that wheeled edge on the double leather sole from SanFran. Decisions...

The ones from AoC are on commando and they also don't have the brouging around the heal. The one from Alden NY are on commando and they do have the brouging.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

You do need WT boots! They are really awesome. Very substantially solid boot. I got mine from Alden DC. But I think it is a standard model 4461 that is also available at other dealers like Alden San Francisco and TSM. Alden NY has the same model but on a commando.

Thanks, Wild. Double leather sole, right?

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Thanks for the tip about the brogueing around the heel. I will look out for that. I think I want commando so I guess that narrows down the retailers. I'll give NY a call.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Oh damn! Now I need a pair of wingtip boots! This is your fault, Wild. You started this.

Ryden just put the nail in the coffin with that LS version.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Friday everyone.
#8 today

wildstar

Reaction score
Oh damn! Now I need a pair of wingtip boots! This is your fault, Wild. You started this.
Hah, hah, sorry my friend! They are very versatile, I have more mine with jeans, khakis, and with a gray suit and they rocked with all.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The ones from AoC are on commando and they also don't have the brouging around the heal. The one from Alden NY are on commando and they do have the brouging.
I have the ones from AOC and they do have brouging along the top of the back of the heel....

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ryden just put the nail in the coffin with that LS version.

Yup, I was thinking the same thing.....

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the words RTP.
However, your assumption is incorrect. They came in plastic bags, with Alden shoe bags, and yes, the iconic green Alden shoe box.

One more shoutout to REguy. The forum was all over the place on Saturday when this first came to light. Members were both excited and frustrated due to calling the wrong number or talking to salespeople who knew nothing about what was going on. Because of the confusion, and the fact that I was on vacation, I decided to pass. Just didn't seem to be worth the aggravation. Then RE posted a very succinct message that simply included the correct telephone number and two names to ask for. I figured, simple enough, this will only take a minute. Called, asked for Joe, and was told he was unavailable and that he would call back. I left my size and that I was looking for long wings in whiskey, ravello or cigar but that I would consider other styles in those colors. I figured 'sure he'll call back' and went back to what I was doing. Sure enough, Joe called back in five minutes and said he had one pair. While I got really lucky, I wouldn't have even tried if not for RE's post.

Lastly, because of your kind words I decided against pointing out the score of the Steelers-Ravens game last week. It would be in poor taste
smile.gif
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif

I love this thread! Poor taste indeed when a 2-4 team boasts about its win over a 3-4 team. Our AFC North really stinks this year. For all we know, the freakin' Browns could win the division! Congrats on getting back on the winning track. You should be 3-4 after your meeting with the Raiders this weekend. However, it would be in poor taste on my part to place that kind of pressure on you and your beloved Steelers. My friend, all the best...
smile.gif

Last edited:

REguy

Reaction score

Thanks for the words RTP. However, your assumption is incorrect. They came in plastic bags, with Alden shoe bags, and yes, the iconic green Alden shoe box.

One more shoutout to REguy. The forum was all over the place on Saturday when this first came to light. Members were both excited and frustrated due to calling the wrong number or talking to salespeople who knew nothing about what was going on. Because of the confusion, and the fact that I was on vacation, I decided to pass. Just didn't seem to be worth the aggravation. Then RE posted a very succinct message that simply included the correct telephone number and two names to ask for. I figured, simple enough, this will only take a minute. Called, asked for Joe, and was told he was unavailable and that he would call back. I left my size and that I was looking for long wings in whiskey, ravello or cigar but that I would consider other styles in those colors. I figured 'sure he'll call back' and went back to what I was doing. Sure enough, Joe called back in five minutes and said he had one pair. While I got really lucky, I wouldn't have even tried if not for RE's post.

Lastly, because of your kind words I decided against pointing out the score of the Steelers-Ravens game last week. It would be in poor taste :).

Thanks. Although, if not for the original poster, I would've missed out too. It's been tough on the wallet lately. First the shell explosion at TSM then Epaulet blows out some Carminas I've been eyeballing. Gotta strike while the opportunity presents itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics