• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Fantastic as always. I keep saying that my next purchase will be a pair of monks in black or color 8 shell; somehow I always buy something else. Photos like this will keep me on the right path.

nephew,

thank you

zbix

Reaction score

ironically enough, i saw that same coney boot posted here a couple days ago. thought it was the same pair

They're slightly different from the Cooney boot. That Shoemart version had an extra row of perfs through the middle of the vamp. I know, subtleties...

violethour1951

Reaction score
Thinking about a pair of suede chukkas for the cold weather. Problem is, which color? Snuff, tan, or brown?

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I've been really into my #8 boots lately, wearing a pair just about every day now that it is finally cool around here. Here's a few shots of my regular rotation. These are all 8D Barrie lasted boots. [/URL]
Wing Tips:
Straight Tips:
J Crew Captoes:
http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/1014472/
good looking family

Last edited:

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think these guys started adding signature confirmation to all of their shipments recently. I bought another pair a few weeks back that didn't require a signature, but these did.

Feel very badly for you. I would be devastated.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tiger striping can kind of be seen on these old NST boots I bought (and returned). those were purchased close to a year ago. weird that the NST shoe that arrived today suffers from it too, but both pair of ravello I got last month, albeit an entirely different shade of ravello, do not suffer from it. some might be okay with it and chalk it up to personality of the shoe, but I'm not a fan. the good thing is, shoemart had a pair of whiskey NST still in my size. so they'll get swapped for the ravello and all will be well :worship2:
I bought ravello boots from TSM about two years ago and they had the same problem. I returned them. IMO they should have been irregulars.

Last edited:

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thinking about a pair of suede chukkas for the cold weather. Problem is, which color? Snuff, tan, or brown?

Snuff or dark brown. Tan suede is a spring/summer color IMO. Snuff is the best all around IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads