1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Ravello chukka to start the week

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

^ Very nice shade of Ravello. Details on the denim?

3. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Thanks! They are aging into a lovely butterscotch

Denim is Somet. I own way too much denim but these are likely my favorite pair. @NewYorkIslander is a huge fan as well and he there up some pics recently in the Somet thread of some great fading he is getting
    http://blueingreensoho.com/site/ind...acturer_id=36&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=62

1 person likes this.
  4. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

5. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

@rydenfan - Many thanks! Will definitely check out Somet. In the market for new denim and those jumped off the page at me. Of course, the ravello boots definitely helped get my attention.

6. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Thx Ryden I have been looking for something with a bigger thigh yet still quite tapered, this might just fit the bill, we'll see after I do some measuring (The high rise worries me a bit). I do own the PBJ XX-013JP and they are way too tight on me nowadays due to the gym. Partly the reason my past two pairs of denim have been Unbranded, I can't afford to keep replacing $300+ denim haha

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  7. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Yes, my PBJ's are pretty tight as well but still work for me. Size for thighs is my personal denim mantra. Somet's will likely be perfect for you. They are super high quality; I have literally been living in them since I got them in January. Blue in Green doesn't post it on their site but if you call them they will authorize a return if the sizing doesn't fit so long as you don't wear them for a few weeks and create any fading

8. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Nice exotics today, boys. I'm in run o the mill #8 today.

9. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

It's pretty amazing how casual you guys can dress during the week. Whiskey and ravello, chukkas and PTBs, etc, I can't really wear any of that Monday-Thursday and am starting to feel left out. The most daring I can get is really ravello tassels or cigar captoe balmorals.

I can wear cordovan bluchers on Friday, but these days, given the season, I'm generally in suede or a CXL LHS on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I pull out the whiskey PTB or cigar longwings on the weekends occasionally, but even that is pretty rare, especially since I am generally in shorts on the weekend and I haven't even worn denim in three weeks...

10. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I work in startups in the natural food space so my work environment is a bit unique. Typically I am the most "dressed up" person and I am in denim, a OCBD and a nice pair of shoes

11. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I work in a biz-cas environment and I'm actually wearing navy linen trousers (with a crease, so from a distance they look relatively formal) along with snuff suede chukkas. Nobody bats an eye here to stuff like this.

12. shaunw

shaunw Senior member

I'm in environmental consulting, my work attire is the same as yours.

13. Buckeye Nation

Buckeye Nation Senior member

I'm fortunate to be the one who gets to make the dress code 8^)

Jeans, nice shoes/boots and a button down is the current standard here, and fortunately the home base in Europe is pretty much the same....

14. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

Biz casual here, and I am always the most dressed.

15. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Biz casual for me too. I am probably the most casual, but still the best dressed.

16. Calikid

Calikid Senior member

Yes, I had them resoled at B. Nelson with Brown Dainite with midsole and went from 270 degree welt to 360 degree welt.

17. Don L

Don L Senior member

Cigar LHS today

[​IMG]

18. thebeebs

thebeebs Senior member

That only makes sense, since most Ohio State grads are unemployed. (Of course, I'm a U. of Michigan alumnus) [​IMG]

19. docalden2013

docalden2013 Senior member

PSA: Harrison Limited still has sizes 7 thru 10 in D widths available on cigar shell tassel loafers. Very excited for mine to arrive in a few days.

20. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Unlined Whiskey.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Mike

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.