1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thams

thams Senior member

I really really love my cigar CT boots from Alden DC, but these are a cut above. Those will show off patina so well in the future! Congrats.

2. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

Granted I'm still a rookie to the Alden game but that may be the best shade of cigar I've ever seen. Those are sweet.

3. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Those are nice, but let's see them babies in some sunlight!

4. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Senior member

Sitting in Express waiting for the wife. Snuff suede on a cold NY summer day.

[​IMG]

5. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Very nice boots. Great color too. :nodding:

6. sazon

sazon Senior member

Choco suede Indy [​IMG]

7. sazon

sazon Senior member

Superb !!!!

8. sazon

sazon Senior member

Those ravello indys are supreme. I'm really trying to keep my collection edited but a ravello boot on the plaza would be insane.

I bought that plaza Indy from Frans B a few years back in color 8 but it had to be sent back to Alden due to speed hook issues.

In the meantime I'm hoping a cognac calf nst boot on the plaza will quench my thirst.

9. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Since I can get away with an 8D Barrie, I think I'd need an 8E in Plaza. I'd rather not go up in length.

Plaza means J Gilbert to me...

10. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

I would be really interested to hear of other peoples experiences with sizing the Aberdeen, with boots in particular. From what I understand it's Alden's narrowest last? If I'm a 13E in the Leydon would I be the same in Aberdeen?

11. zennypoo

zennypoo Senior member

Such is the Alden game. My top 3 changed from just the past 2 pages of posts...now they include Ravello NST on Plaza, and Cigar Pitt boots! Maybe we should be doing top 5...:facepalm:

Thanks for posting gentlemen, it's good to hear what the connoisseurs desire!

-D

12. zennypoo

zennypoo Senior member

Can't help with boots...at least not yet. But in terms of shoes, I'm TTS 6.5 E, 6E in Barrie. Aberdeen ct shoes fit well at 6.5E, they were a little painful, especially on the lateral sides, during the first long wear from new. However they became extremely comfortable after the foot bed settles in, within 2-3 wears. I have high insteps fyi.

I believe Leydon and Aberdeen should be sized the same.

-D

13. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

Trust me, your tastes will change with time and when you see other designs that you just "have to have"... Its fascinating that we are able to find soo many designs between the 5 shell colors and the few basic patterns that we must have...

-M

14. Resistant

Resistant Senior member

I am in on one of those preorders and if it even takes a year that is perfect timing as a graduation gift before those loans are due.

15. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Ravello NST on Plaza would be a grail for me. Or Jumper boots on Grant/Barrie. Also like the whiskey Indy on plaza with commando:

http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2010/09/30/alden-shoes-the-plaza-indy-boot/

(I know that's tan calf though)

Ravello medallion toe looks great too. Wish I could see a plaza Indy in person to compare to my Barrie Indy, which I find plenty sleek but could be wrong if I see a Plaza.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  16. movoblast

movoblast Senior member

Hey guys how common are the ravello shortwing boots vs ravello longwings. I think I'd get more use out of the longwings so I'm thinking about just getting the shortwing boots next time. But if they're a lot rarer, maybe I'll switch up the order and get the shortwing boots first and pick up the longwings later.

17. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

Lwbs are usually available from a few retailers the sw boots are more difficult to obtain. Honestly though get what you like most, first.

18. thebeebs

thebeebs Senior member

[​IMG]

"The Four Horsemen" (whiskey, ravello, color 4, cigar)

3 people like this.
  19. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

I agree with BeSpoken, although the Ravello LWB being more readily available compared to the SW Boot, if you think you will prefer the LWB and wear it more, then that is the way that you should go. Now, another question is do you prefer the LWB with dark edges or antique edges.

-Mike

20. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

Hey Alden Community,

I have decided that I would like to add a Black Shell Boot to my collection, does anyone have a good list of all the Black Shell Boots that have been made? So far I can think of the Wingtip Boot, Indy Boot, Plain Toe Boot, Plain Toe Medallion Boot, Cap Toe Boot, and probably a Tanker Boot. Any other options out there? I imagine they have all been made on a variety of lasts.

-Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.