1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Had no idea they did a preorder for this. When did you put your name down?

Very jealous.

2. TommyB

TommyB Senior member

You're right, technically it wouldn't be a real Indy, I suppose. It's just that I really like the "Indy" on Plaza, I think Leather Soul sold them some time ago.

3. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Nah...you don't want them.....

4. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

I didn't order from them, but several other members did just a couple of weeks ago.

I was just pointing out how many exotics had been confirmed this month. for the record, I only picked up the cigar tassels.

and yes, everyone should get a pair of ravellow sw boots. (the real king)

5. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

yes and yes. [​IMG]
    not really indys as Alcibiades pointed out, but I agree with you completely.

6. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Frans Boone has this design.

7. sazon

sazon Senior member

funny how we don't see that whiskey NST boot in any pics in this thread, or at least I don't remember seeing it.

Love the NST boot, but doing it in whiskey made me pass it up at the time.

8. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Whiskey WedThursday. Tif, look at what the Whiskey God's brought to my closet last night!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Mike

2 people like this.
  9. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

^^ Haha! A day late and a dollar short. I'm glad you finally added some exotics to your collection, Dubs. :D

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  10. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

I've seen Whiskey Tankers sold by two retailers - Leffot and Tassels. I don't know of any thread members that own them. I know Leffot has attempted to reorder both the Cigar Indy on commando soles and the whiskey tankers. Maybe the recent activity indicates Alden may fill those orders sometime soon.

11. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

Following this and other threads it almost seems like the pendulum just swung from others (Carmina, AE) having the allocations of rarer shell to Alden now getting allocated a healthy (if not overwhelming) amount. Perhaps to make up for the dry spell. May be a fluke.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  12. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

I'm also late to the party mdubs. Looking good man!

I just received an email from Alden DV and I'm about to place an order either for the ravello LWB or the cigar LHS. I'm thinking LWB to continue and almost complete the LWB family collection. Thoughts?

[​IMG]

13. smoothie1

smoothie1 Senior member

Ravello is better than cigar IMO. Go get 'em. So much for rare shell being rare; it looks like the flood gates are temporarily open with various Ravello and whiskey makeups and pre-sale confirmations made available over the past few weeks.

Also, on another note, I see those #4 Atoms took a price cut and remain available on eBay. The joys of price discovery. Cheers.

14. tigerpac

tigerpac Senior member

I knew me finally getting something in whiskey shell would render them no longer rare lol

15. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

I agree. Also, by the time I receive these, it'll be cold and nasty outside again and I'll wear the loafers less.

Honestly, I haven't worn my recently acquired cigar LWBs yet - not once. I like them, but I'm not sure that I love them. I think it's because the cigar color seems like a lot of other "brown" colors out there and not as "rare" as the whiskey and ravello. I'm also biased towards the lighter-toned shell, so whiskey and ravello rule the day for me. I'm also about to receive some Carmina cognac shell PTBs, so I may end up putting the cigar LWBs up for sale. We shall see.

16. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

^^ Stay tuned 7.5D Barrie wearers!!

17. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

Haha, you know it. I decided on the ravello LWBs. I wanted the wt boots, but I'm second in line for those. Oh well, I love LWBs so that'll suffice.

18. smoothie1

smoothie1 Senior member

@Mr Clemson , cigar shell has never really spoken to me. Thus, I am not surprised by your reaction to the cigar lwbs. A few fellows who purchased cigar captoe boots were lucky enough to receive nice shades of the color with warm undertones. In general, I prefer brown shell produced by other makers, chiefly Edward Green and C&J (my experience with Carmina is limited); I recognize the Alden super-fan peanut gallery may not respect this opinion.

I am willing to wager that #4 will be back in some way, shape, or form in the not so distant future. Yes, I have made a contrarian call on this subject. There is just too much potential profit in it for Alden, not to seriously consider doing some runs. Moreover, there are only so many buyers, a la mdubs and DV, who have an endless appetite for rare shell shoes. Good luck. Cheers.

1 person likes this.
  19. brp2

brp2 Senior member

Oh no -- the Times has said that all the cool kids are wearing sneakers with suits, and that Alden and others are now on their way out. What a shame.

20. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

If this is what the future holds, kill me now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.