1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nemo

nemo Senior member

Just called about the offerings by Alden NYC, only contact info was taken - SA spoke with an undertone of doubt and bemusement - I'm left with visions of... judas being snickered at by St. Peter at the pearly gates.

2. tigerpac

tigerpac Senior member

Some of the guys at Alden NYC are great and others are sorta... well.. not great.

3. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

me too but honestly nothing is jumping out to me to the point of spending $800. So I guess that is the best indication I don't really need it

4. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Anthony is awesome. No idea if he is still there

5. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

I am sorry to hear Nemo, but since someone posted this to SF, I am pretty sure that they have been barraged!!! They wanted to ensure people who had been on the lists were accommodated.

-Mike

6. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

+1. If there was a Ravello Tanker boot I'd be out murdering with Buda. Other than that...I'm good.

7. thebeebs

thebeebs Senior member

I secretly hope that I will reach that inflection point where:

(a) my lack of real need for more Aldens, given my pretty comprehensive collection, intersects with
    (b) my reduced demand for Aldens given their frequent, material price escalations

8. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Mike,

I think their list is quite "subjective" I have supposedly been on the list for the Whiskey Indy and Ravello boot for a couple of years yet I have not heard from anyone. I am not going to call and bother them as I am honestly not that interested but I have a feeling that the 8D in each makeup will be going to someone with less time on the list than me. Perhaps I am mistaken but we will see if I hear anything...

9. ATLVol

ATLVol Senior member

so much for the great shell shortage.....

10. ATLVol

ATLVol Senior member

For those with more experience with boots than I, is this preferable to leather sole and all eyelets?

• Wing Tip Boot- Barrie last, commando sole, speed hook lacing

11. thebeebs

thebeebs Senior member

I almost hate to say this, but next time you hear that a retailer is taking orders or getting allowances for the exotics, you're better off not blasting it to this entire site. Time and time again, I have been told by retailers, almost every time I succeed in obtaining an exotic make up, that "I would really appreciate it if you would keep this order to yourself and not advertise it to the Alden community (in so many words)." Of course, I'm guilty of having made PSAs myself, and by no means and I providing advice on this matter, but it's something to consider. To each his own, of course, and I respect all opinions (except stupid ones).

12. ironclad

ironclad Senior member

Personal preference.

For me, all eyelets and leather soles are "dressier". But if I want a boot to be a boot, I like the commando sole for wet/inclement conditions and speed hooks for ease.

13. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

Join me, my friend... Join me...

14. nemo

nemo Senior member

I hear ya, it's the current state of the shell game. Was really just chuckling at my own idiocy and wondering what others' experiences were.

15. nemo

nemo Senior member

Leather sole would be personal preference in keeping with the more refined look of the WT boots. Speed hooks are only an issue if you crop your hems high/narrow, which can cause the hem to catch, though I suspect there are purists out there that do prefer eyelets for consistency in overall design.

16. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

When you call in or come in, they will check to see whether you're on the list. If you're not on the list, they will not help you order for the time being.

The PSA only helps people who are on their wait list.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  17. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

[​IMG]

18. ReppTiePrepster

19. ReppTiePrepster

Awesome DonL! Wish I had this one to complete my LWB collection... [​IMG]

20. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

It doesn't cost ME anything...how do you think I afford all these shoes????? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.