• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

An amazing shoe Sazon, as are most in your collection. Would you mind sharing how one acquires a ravello shoe from crew?

Thank you Shawn.

No fooling, here is how I scored those Ravello LWB from J Crew : It was Christmas clearance time in early January and I was after a certain Thomas Mason shirt from J Crew. I was told that the J Crew Ludlow shop in TriBeCa had the shirt. I had never been to that shop but I figured I’d take walk there since it was only 20mins from where I work.

I open the door and right smack in the middle when I walked in was a display with these shoes. I immediately fell in love, as I love the brass eyelet look. I asked the clerk when these came in?!? He said they just arrived two days ago, and they only sold 1 or 2 so far. They were not on-line or in any other store. The store had been waiting for them for like 18 mons he said. I said, please give me a 10D, immediately. “Buy now, decide later” is the usual rule when you find Aldens, but one look and I had made up my mind.

It was so refreshing to find this model without the usual hype and frantic searching when a Ravello model is spotted.

Not long after, the shoes blew up here on SF and sold out soon thereafter.

Timing is everything.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ So is good fortune! You must be a good man Sazon, to have that kind of karma!!

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
> Bootmaker black shell captoes on Grant
> All eyelets
> Dbl leather sole

Got 'em for a deal in B&S.

I got flat black waxed laces off ebay on the way, and will relace in euro straight fashion as I do all my shoes.

Also need to work my magic on them with some Lexol/Reno/Kiwi.

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Latest purchase off eBay - Snuff Suede LWB from Leffot. Looks like they were worn only a couple of times at most. They also fit a little snugger out of the box than my cordovan LWBs.

macjedi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could use some help on Hampton sizing.

I purchased a pair of snuff suede medallion cap toe bals from The Shoe Mart in 9D (my Braddock size). The fit was comfortable, but a little long in the length and a bit sloppy feeling.

I ordered a 8.5D to compare; the length feels better, but the arch feels a bit short compared to the 9D. They are also a bit snug; more than I'd prefer.

Unfortunately, these aren't available in any width other than D, so I can't try any other widths.

I'd like to hear anyone's thoughts on the fit of suede vs cordovan, or calf in this last, and any recommendations on what size I should try next … I'm looking to acquire a king cap toe soon.

Thanks!

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
> Bootmaker black shell captoes on Grant
> All eyelets
> Dbl leather sole

Got 'em for a deal in B&S.

I got flat black waxed laces off ebay on the way, and will relace in euro straight fashion as I do all my shoes.

Also need to work my magic on them with some Lexol/Reno/Kiwi.

Congrats on a fine score!

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Latest purchase off eBay - Snuff Suede LWB from Leffot. Looks like they were worn only a couple of times at most. They also fit a little snugger out of the box than my cordovan LWBs.

I have the j crew version and absolutely LOVE them. Congrats and wear often in great health!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads