1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

2. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    king tassel
    argyles otc
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Watchman1

Watchman1 Senior member

Hello Gentlemen,

This is my 1st SF post. I am a very active member of AAAC. I have been following you fine gentlemen for some time now.

A little Alden action of my own:

[​IMG]

WT Boots on Barrie Color 8 with Commando Sole. Procured from Alden NYC....my first Alden's. [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

Welcome.
    Looking great.

5. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Welcome! That is a fine pair of boots you have there. I was on the list for those and I passed. I regret that decision....

6. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Senior member

After putting my 403s to work for more than 6 months, it's time to pop on the fresh 405s. In the meantime, I have a couple progress pics to share...

Worn 403 next to a new one...
    [​IMG]

New 405s...
    [​IMG]

7. green garden

green garden Senior member

My first alden purchase was a 990 about 2 years ago. But I’ve been looking at Alden for quite some time even before that. I’ve always been mindful about what I wear and probably came across the brand in some magazine or blog. But I could never bring myself to paying the money for Alden. I really thought that, no matter how much I love shoes, I didn’t need to spoil my feet. But 2 years ago, my youngest sister had to make an emergency trip back to the US (she lives in Asia) because her best friend from college was diagnosed with terminal cancer. That got me to reflect that if I don’t get to enjoy things now, then when. So got the courage and bought my first Alden 990. I really like it for the same reasons a lot of you guys have mentioned already – ageless styling, US heritage, unmatched Cordovan finish. But what really makes it worthwhile for me is the fit. Not many manufacturers offer widths. I have a narrow feet. And I’ve been wearing standard widths all my life. That changed when I got fitted in Alden SFO. I still remember Robert bringing out 3 sizes, refusing to tell what I’m wearing and letting my feet (not my brain) do the processing. I eventually picked the 8C, which really translates to 8.5C TTS. I’ve been wearing 8Ds until then. And it was the best fitting shoe I’ve worn. So the past 2 years, I’ve been selectively getting onto lists and pre-orders to “overhaul” my rotation. My collection has grown thanks to the generous info shared from this thread. I’ve slowly added to my #8 990. I now have a tan unlined chukka, a black captoe Plaza from NY, a Whiskey LWB from NY, and the cigar grant boot from DC. A couple more (ravello LWB and a whiskey NST) and I think I will quit the chase and enjoy while I can still walk on my feet. I don’t get to contribute a lot to the thread due to time constraints. But I do try to keep up. Notwithstanding the one or two trolls out there, this is a great community.

Happy Friday! [​IMG]

8. Resistant

Resistant Senior member

[​IMG]

I have picked some accessories

A #4 wallet from Ashland leather and a pub cap in salt and pepper brown tweed

Getting my bespoke blazer today soon to arrive is a key fob from Adam of Carmel I have no idea if Iwill use it

Adam of Carmel would be a nice new Game of Thrones character

9. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Rydenfan. I know, right? :D

1 person likes this.
  10. green garden

green garden Senior member

He may be the third [​IMG].

11. gsgleason

gsgleason Senior member

Your 'worn' 403 barely looks worn at all. Did you do something to darken the welt? They look fantastic. How does the 405 fit comparatively? I've heard they are a lot more stiff and take time to break in, whereas CXL requires virtually no break in at all.

12. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

I prefer the black edging. Nice boots.

13. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Welcome. Nice boots. :nodding:

14. intensanity

intensanity Senior member

Is that the #4 Johnny the Fox? Ive been debating that exact purchase. Could you possibly post more pics and some impressions? Thanks!

15. blue collar

blue collar Senior member

Now THAT is some clean and clear horse arse!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  16. thebeebs

thebeebs Senior member

Welcome to the forum!

17. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Got my Need Supply Indys

[​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

^^ Wow they are awesome. Much better shape and toe stitching than the normal Indy.

19. Resistant

Resistant Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Johnny the Fox limited
    Thought I might flip it because it's too much wallet for me but it's a keeper

20. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

I picked up some bick 4 will see how that goes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.