• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone else with cigar indys can put up pics? have a pair on order with commando sole.

nutcracker

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hi, don't know if this is old news (from July actually), or if they have been posted or discussed before. But I found these pics of some wonderful color #4 Cordovan shoes made exclusive for Lacota House in Japan (each priced for $1200 USD or so, bit ridiculous??). Never seen a color #4 shell Alden lurking in US of A before, but I could be wrong. A LHS loafer in Van last, a Tanker in 379x last, and a NST in modified last. I think #4 looks quite interesting, looks VERY red in the outdoor lighting, (maybe my monitor?) but I really dig the slightly darker tone in the indoor lighting (5th pic). WANT!
ffffuuuu.gif
5018376912_499e1984f9.jpg
5018377010_68461d9b4b.jpg
5017772359_6472dbe786.jpg
5017772283_644e5724e5.jpg
different pic of the color #4 NST
5017816629_0b0204e96e.jpg

Thor

Reaction score
As a follow up to my tearing of the speed hook issue...I sent them back to Alden and they replaced the hooks with eyelets.... At first glance they seemed a little off...but when laced up they conform perfectly and give a much better fit than the hooks in my opinion. It does take a little longer to get in and out of them but it is worth it for the better fit. I might be the only one with an all-eyelet and commando sole Indy boot??
002800x600y.jpg
003800x600.jpg

Thor

Reaction score
So much for that idea
smile.gif
Question- what is the best way to handle shell cordovan when it gets wet from rain or wet grass etc...?

mbrokerny

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thor
As a follow up to my tearing of the speed hook issue...I sent them back to Alden and they replaced the hooks with eyelets....

At first glance they seemed a little off...but when laced up they conform perfectly and give a much better fit than the hooks in my opinion. It does take a little longer to get in and out of them but it is worth it for the better fit.

I might be the only one with an all-eyelet and commando sole Indy boot??

How long did it take Alden to complete the repairs? I really like the all eyelets and dont really think the speed hooks are all that speedy.

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by itsjustadrian
Honestly, all the stock photos of the Indys make them look really ugly. But in person...they're gorgeous.
39347671.jpg

+1
I was hesitant to buy just from the stock photos. Alden does itself a disservice with its lame marketing. The retailers are much, much better.
BTW, are those Ultimate Indys? Or Kudu 404 Indys?

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked up my plaza cap toe boot in shell cordovan from the post office this morning, courtesy of Leather Soul. They are badass!
Just looked at the pic quality and realized they look black.
They are actually a dark burgundy

context

Reaction score
as promised here are couple pics of my Leffot Indys.
this is after about 5 wears. in the flesh, they're slightly lighter in color.
boots1.jpg
boots2.jpg

itsjustadrian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johdus Fanfoozal
+1 I was hesitant to buy just from the stock photos. Alden does itself a disservice with its lame marketing. The retailers are much, much better. BTW, are those Ultimate Indys? Or Kudu 404 Indys?
They are the Ultimate Indys. The 404s don't visually appeal to me the same way that Tom's do.

Thor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mbrokerny
How long did it take Alden to complete the repairs? I really like the all eyelets and dont really think the speed hooks are all that speedy.

It took them less than a week from when they received them but I think they might have considered it special circumstances as I had had the boots for less than a week before they tore...

mg428

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PorterInjax
Just picked up my plaza cap toe boot in shell cordovan from the post office this morning, courtesy of Leather Soul. They are badass! Just looked at the pic quality and realized they look black. They are actually a dark burgundy
Beautiful boots, enjoy. The last re-stock of these boots are "sold out" according to Tom's website. See below: http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/200...-boot-restock/ How could you get them?

Arizor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PorterInjax
Just picked up my plaza cap toe boot in shell cordovan from the post office this morning, courtesy of Leather Soul. They are badass!
Just looked at the pic quality and realized they look black.
They are actually a dark burgundy

Beautiful boots, brings me back to when I received mine
smile.gif
. Enjoy!

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mg428
Beautiful boots, enjoy.

The last re-stock of these boots are "sold out" according to Tom's website. See below:

http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/200...-boot-restock/

How could you get them?

I emailed Leather Soul over the weekend and Bryan checked work email from home. He wrote back to say that he though that he had a 9D in stock and when he emailed Monday morning to verify, I called immediately with my CC info.
I'm really digging them!

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arizor
Beautiful boots, brings me back to when I received mine
smile.gif
. Enjoy!

Will do! It was the pics of yours that put me on the hunt for my own pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads