• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pet Shop Boys again. HRH Vegas.
Cigar Brixtons.

Nicely played zippyh. I saw them for the first time this week. Pretty cool show.

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Early Sat. morning at work. JG Indys.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Tifosi - you nailed that look dude. !

Thanks, buddy! Loving these Indys. Have worn them every day after work this week.

gd1944

Reaction score
What is the best Shoe Cream or Wax for Black Shell Cordovan?

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What is the best Shoe Cream or Wax for Black Shell Cordovan?

I like saphir products and while they work great, I don't know that they have black cream for shell. I think they have neutral and color 8. I only have one pair of black shell and recently decided to try AE's black cream for shell. I am hooked. I would highly recommend it. Though these aren't Alden's, here's a pic of my black shell that I recently shined using AE black shell cream. I think I take pretty good care of my shoes, bt these have never looked this good.

The picture doesn't really do them justice. The AE cream really works well.

coinopcollector

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the color 8 medallion Captoe bluchers with the alt Wien/antiqued soles are available from anywhere other than Epaulet? Epaulet is sold out and have no idea when a restock will arrive.
Also looking for a pair of NOS Hanover LWB size 10 D. My 23 year old pair are on their 3d pair of soles and ready to be retired to casual wear.

Thanks
Marc
www.thecoinopcollector.com

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like saphir products and while they work great, I don't know that they have black cream for shell. I think they have neutral and color 8. I only have one pair of black shell and recently decided to try AE's black cream for shell. I am hooked. I would highly recommend it. Though these aren't Alden's, here's a pic of my black shell that I recently shined using AE black shell cream. I think I take pretty good care of my shoes, bt these have never looked this good.

The picture doesn't really do them justice. The AE cream really works well.

Saphir sells black cordovan cream. It works great (though I have not used AE cordovan cream so I can't compare the two).

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can anyone tell me if the color 8 medallion Captoe bluchers with the alt Wien/antiqued soles are available from anywhere other than Epaulet? Epaulet is sold out and have no idea when a restock will arrive.
Also looking for a pair of NOS Hanover LWB size 10 D. My 23 year old pair are on their 3d pair of soles and ready to be retired to casual wear.

Thanks
Marc
www.thecoinopcollector.com

Those are an Epaulet exclusive model, so you're probably SOL until they get their restock.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI, Alden of Carmel got a restock of Color 8 Wingtip Boots (barrie, commando)...

The Leffot snuff plaza wingtip look cool. Unfortunately, no E Widths

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Saphir sells black cordovan cream. It works great (though I have not used AE cordovan cream so I can't compare the two).

I've used both, AE black and saphir color 8. Not much difference between the two except AE is $7 shipped and saphir is $22 plus shipping.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used AE black cordovan cream a few years ago for a couple of treatments. I hated it. It was retired to the garbage can.

I have used Saphir black cordovan cream. When treating black shell, however, my preferred product is Reno. I also use VSC from time to time for black shell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads