1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

To psa or not to psa...

I don't mind "these are for sale" because my iPhone sf mobile version does not show member signature sale items. I find a quick message harmless.

I LOVE "buy it now" ebay psa. I recall someone recently posting a whiskey nst eBay listing with a buy it now. Someone else posted rare aoc whiskey - mahogany saddles, awesome. Not their auction, someone else scored a great pair.

2. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

Maybe you've define the word differently than I, but there were no repercussions, at least not to me. Maybe an annoyance that something that was done strictly to benefit the community was turned into something self-serving. I was probably going to take a $50 hit by my math but that was fine with me because I have been helped so much by this community. All good and I certainly don't want to sound as if I have been injured. But repercussions? I don't think so.

3. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Calm down Shaun. You are forgiven.

4. Don L

Don L Senior member

I'm in the same camp.

1 person likes this.
  5. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

+1

Especially when the member is clearly trying to unload a pair of popular shell to help out the community.

I recently purchased a pair of whiskeys that I would otherwise missed out on if I didn't see a brief message on here first.

6. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

I'm calm now. Thank you Bakes :D.

7. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

PSA:

Cigar shell PTBs. Aberdeen last. Many sizes available. Call Alex Lockett at Harrison Limited (harrisonlimited.com; 205-870-3882).

(Never seen a PTB on the Aberdeen but I made him repeat it to be sure.)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  8. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

9. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Senior member

No harm in one quick message to help out the community. You can score some good deals on here.

The marketplace is so bogged down with bumps and disorganized merchandise it's pathetic.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  10. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Are there any pictures of cigar PTB in the Aberdeen last?

11. ATLVol

ATLVol Senior member

Not sure which last mine are, but I bought them from Harrison, LTD a couple of years ago.....look like Plaza to me.

[​IMG]

12. thebeebs

thebeebs Senior member

Thanks DV. The nst whiskeys were my psa. Speaking of which, whomever scored them should have thanked me. Someone out there is an ungrateful &$#@...

13. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Maybe the person that bought them was not from the forum........

1 person likes this.
  14. 09alloy

09alloy Active Member

Good Plaza Last Boot Tuesday Fellas!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  15. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

Being always on the lookout for cordovan plain toe bluchers that are more dressy to wear with suits, I called Harrisons in the hopes that, even though I need a 7.5E which a store is unlikely to order for a specialty run, I might be pleasantly surprised with a decision to make. Unfortunately, typical retailer logic prevailed and the store ordered no small, wide shoes. The proprietor even laughed when I told him small, club - footed men bought nice shoes too. But Harrison's does have a range of sizes for you normal - footed types.

Much thanks to Mr. Fraction for the note about this interesting and uncommon make-up.

16. n-domino

n-domino Senior member

Thanks for the PSA! Now hopefully the lone person who was on the list for the sole pair in my size will pass on them.

17. movoblast

movoblast Senior member

Do the aberdeens fit narrow? How does it compare in width to lets say the marlow wingtips 325 last or barrie last?

18. n-domino

n-domino Senior member

Aberdeen is TTS for me. The toe tapers more than the 325 and Barrie.

19. zennypoo

zennypoo Senior member

Aberdeen is TTS for me, slightly narrower than Barrie. I'm 6E in Barrie LWB and 6.5E in Aberdeen CT blucher. Hope that helps.

-D

20. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

I think tif head the nail on the head. If it were done consistently others would take advantage of the opportunity to list every pair of Aldens they may have. I have no problems with contributing members looking to help the community. If I decide to part with sought after shoe I would like it to go to the people who have devoted the time to educate me about the world of Alden.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.