***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shasta

shasta Senior member

Definitely True to Size. I'm an 8 in the 405 Indy Boot, 8.5 in the Beefroll

2. LeatherSOUL

LeatherSOUL Senior member

Does Alden make a kudo leather belt? I'm trying to find a belt to match my Alden kudu leather boots.

Probably wouldn't be a good idea...the oil and residue would get all over your pants.

3. mrmax

mrmax Senior member

Can anyone shed some light on D vs E widths of the same size on Barrie? Had an interesting discussion today with the guys at Tassels HK. The jist of it is that the E width is much 'blobbier' than the D width when comparing the same size.

I am considering a pair of longwings, but they only stock D widths here. I would need to special order an E.

If anyone has any pics it would be extremely helpful

4. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

Can anyone shed some light on D vs E widths of the same size on Barrie? Had an interesting discussion today with the guys at Tassels HK. The jist of it is that the E width is much 'blobbier' than the D width when comparing the same size.

I am considering a pair of longwings, but they only stock D widths here. I would need to special order an E.

I'm not sure there should be any mystery. the E is wider and therefore will look fatter. how much, I dunno, 1/4 inch? not sure what the width difference is

5. jerrybrowne

jerrybrowne Senior member

For some shoes on the barrie the E does look blobbier while in others it doesn't. The blobbiness looks more pronounced on my PTBs or plain toe boots since there is nothing to break up the forefoot.

BTW, I'm a 9E or 9.5D in barrie and I'd say they are fairly interchangeable.

6. .Impulsv

.Impulsv Senior member

@shasta: Are those shell or calf?

7. interlockingny

interlockingny Senior member

I'm not sure there should be any mystery. the E is wider and therefore will look fatter. how much, I dunno, 1/4 inch? not sure what the width difference is

I believe the E width is 3/16" wider than a D width.

8. Racing Green

Racing Green Senior member

Definitely True to Size. I'm an 8 in the 405 Indy Boot, 8.5 in the Beefroll

Great stuff. Cheers.

9. shasta

shasta Senior member

10. mrmax

mrmax Senior member

For some shoes on the barrie the E does look blobbier while in others it doesn't. The blobbiness looks more pronounced on my PTBs or plain toe boots since there is nothing to break up the forefoot.

BTW, I'm a 9E or 9.5D in barrie and I'd say they are fairly interchangeable.

Thanks gents, very helpful. Believe an E in the longwing is the way to go.

11. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

The jist of it is that the E width is much 'blobbier' than the D width when comparing the same size.

Blobbier or otherwise if you need the E then that's what it be.

And, unlike jerrybrowne I don't vary a width in the different lasts. D is fo me.

12. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

Is this difference constant over all lengths? Also, do you know the difference in width caused by going up/down a length while keeping the letter constant? I've been wondering about both these questions for some time.

13. mechanical pencil

mechanical pencil Senior member

[​IMG]

Those 2-tones are just incredible. How much? I think you might be my size!

14. LynahFaithful

LynahFaithful Senior member

Tom - When you influence the creasing of your shell shoes with a pencil, where do you place the pencil and do you use it in more than one place? For example, on the cigar tassels, do you place the pencil under the tassel? Thanks.

15. mg428

mg428 Senior member

Note also that Alden shoes with E width in the ball area comes with C width for the heel width. In other words, the heel cup will be a tad large too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.