Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HisAirness32

HisAirness32 Active Member

Why do a lot of people on here always have shoe trees in their worn Aldens? Is it good if I insert shoe trees after each wear?

I've been dying to get my hands on these two boots in a 9D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. blynch

blynch Senior member

anyone know where to find bluchers on the copley last?

3. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Why do a lot of people on here always have shoe trees in their worn Aldens? Is it good if I insert shoe trees after each wear?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I only have 1 set of shoe trees that I insert into the shoes after I wear it and I usually just leave them in over night until the morning time. From what I've read..that's all you really need to do. Having a set in each pair looks nice aesthetically, but it can take a toll especially if you have many pairs.

4. HisAirness32

HisAirness32 Active Member

I only have 1 set of shoe trees that I insert into the shoes after I wear it and I usually just leave them in over night until the morning time. From what I've read..that's all you really need to do. Having a set in each pair looks nice aesthetically, but it can take a toll especially if you have many pairs.

So its just for aesthetic purposes? Doesn't really help the shoe/leather in any way?

5. TintoTerra

TintoTerra Senior member

So its just for aesthetic purposes? Doesn't really help the shoe/leather in any way?

The cedar ones absorb moisture and help keep the shoe's shape when you're not wearing it.

Speaking of shoe trees, I need another set. I stopped at a Dillard's I saw from the freeway the other day and asked in the shoe dept. if they had any shoe trees. "We won't be getting Christmas themed items until closer to the holidays", was the shoe guy's helpful reply. Thank god for the internet.

6. wj4

wj4 Senior member

The cedar ones absorb moisture and help keep the shoe's shape when you're not wearing it.

Speaking of shoe trees, I need another set. I stopped at a Dillard's I saw from the freeway the other day and asked in the shoe dept. if they had any shoe trees. "We won't be getting Christmas themed items until closer to the holidays", was the shoe guy's helpful reply. Thank god for the internet.

Yes, all the articles I've ever read about shoe trees stated that the shoe trees are only necessary for several hours after you take the shoes off for the reasons you mentioned. I can see how that will be the case because after a long day when I take off my shoes and socks, my socks aren't exactly bone dry due to sweat, so I can see how the trees will absorb the moisture. However, IMO having one set in every pair of shoes seem quite excessive and expensive.

The local Nordstrom always have a set on sale for around $20 BTW.

7. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

And more temptation [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Natural chromexel chukkas from Leffot:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Those are gross, especially the sole.

8. ninja07

ninja07 Senior member

just my opinion, but I too can't see what's the deal about the natural chromexels too. especially those chukkas.

though the pair the GreatHighway posted does seem quite nice.

9. ninja07

ninja07 Senior member

[​IMG]

Is this the ravello shell cordovan, if so I should be receiving this in a week's time. Can't wait...will post some pics then.

10. GreatHighway

GreatHighway Senior member

I am finding the natural chromexcel to be very versatile. Here is a closer pic. What's up? Let's see some macro shots of some Aldens. I know some of you must have some nice cameras

[​IMG]

11. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

And more temptation [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

ouch, the sole is [​IMG]

sorry sri, epic fail

12. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

Those are gross, especially the sole.

They look NOS.

13. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

^Those sole has the old Alden logo from the 1980s (not sure how long the logo was used). They must have had a box of them in the back room. It's genuine '80s throwback.

I don't think it's as bad as some of you do.

14. joz411no

joz411no Senior member

Like anything else the natural chromexcel and those soles will have to be taken into context. Somebody here will wear them with jeans or casual shoes, post pics, and many will say, "Well, I don't hate them THAT much." I'm no huge fan of the soles either but given the entire outfit one my decide to wear with them they could very well match up nicely.

15. joz411no

joz411no Senior member

Uhhhhh..... wear them with casual pants obviously.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.