1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

How are leg openings measured? Is 17 inches the circumference?

2. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

I might need to add that exact phrase to my signature line.

--nobody panic, it was a [BAD] joke

3. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Yes, Almost a foot and a half in diameter or radius would be like JNCO jeans from the 90s

Edit: or bigger

Last edited: May 15, 2014
  4. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Thanks, that makes sense. Makes me want to go home and measure mine. I think a lot of my pants are 11 inches or less, and I am on the taller side. I wonder if my proportions look weird.

5. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

I'm not sure you could fit your foot thru that! That would only 5.5in. when measured from seam to seam.

6. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Hmm you're right. That makes no sense. Do people measure them differently? Looking at a pair 36 size of epaulet rivet pants, it says the leg opening is 8.25". That must be the diameter and not the circumference? I'm confused...

7. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

That is the measurement from seam to seam (layed out flat). Double it for the leg opening.

8.25 would be a 16.5 leg opening.

8. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Ah, that makes a lot more sense now. So if pants were labeled as 11 inch leg opening, you might need to be careful to determine if it is 11 inch circumference or if that is seam to seam and it is actually 22 inches (which would be quite large?).

I'm going to measure the openings of my favorite jeans and of my epaulet walts now and figure out what is the size I personally like.

9. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Has anyone been able to do a Leffot preorder for a larger size? I seem to recall asking them to add larger sizes (13 US) to their preorder drop down and they wouldn't do it. Do they have a limited range of sizes they can do a preorder in?

10. LittleViti

LittleViti Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/

Side-by-side comparison of Alden 974 (11D Tremont-right foot) and BB Cordovan Wingtip (11.5D M-75/Plaza-left foot). Interesting IMO.

The combination of last, broguing, and single vs. double leather sole really makes a big difference in appearance. For my purposes, as previously stated, the 974 offers more versatility with denim or odd trousers vice the sleeker BB.

11. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

Call them today.
    You should be able to work with them.
    They will require 50% down. (If I recall)

12. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

If I wasn't on the Viberg color 8 Shell captoe preorder with Leffot, I would be trying to get on this naval boot preorder. I have them in the black, and I really love them.

13. intensanity

intensanity Senior member

Size?

14. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

I just called, and they said full payment upfront for nonstock sizes. I'm excited about the Leffot Navals because it will knock two shoes off my list: Alt Wien with antique (which I may still pick up later) and a color 8 semi-dress boot. I just wish this boot came on commando soles.

I'd likely sell my badass color 8 Indys on commando.

15. gforce

gforce Senior member

You are most likely a C width...Alden Madison carries stock models in C Width................even though they "lost" my "confirmed" Whiskey LWB order.....in 10C no less.

16. circleslife

circleslife Senior member

The PCT 270 is really versatile and besides got a deal at jcrew so can't complain.

17. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

Is the car included!??
    I just bought a pair of #8 LWBs in 10.5B and have a pair of black shell LWBs in 10.5B in production. Standard models can typically be made in any size that the last exists for on a request basis. For rare shells, you would have to pre-order for the next run. I have done that for several of my shoes. Talk to DC or SF. -Mike

18. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

I got this one @rydenfan. 8D

19. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

20. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

This was already answered, but here's a pic of what I'm wearing today, these are Barrie in size 12B with trousers that have a 8.5" leg opening (17" total circumference)

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.