• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
I use woodlore trees in my Alden shoes and boots without any issues.

tmw

Reaction score

TMW, those are incredible, love everything about that boot.

Thanks a lot Namor. Thing is, I've been looking at the boot on the TSM site for months now but never purchased because I have a few pair of Rider shell boots with a similar shape. The second I put these on I realized they were winners. I may even have to buy them in black..

cheers

I

Last edited:

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TSM has a full run of the George boot in #8 on the Aberdeen. Just received mine today and am very impressed with fit and finish..

Please excuse indoor lighting. The #8 is the typical Horween eggplant.

Been on this site for a few months and I still feel like such a rookie. I don't think I've ever seen these before. Are they the same height as a chukka? Looks a little taller but could just be my rapidly deteoriating vision. Either way, those are s-w-e-e-t. Nice pick up.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My version of the shell rainbow: Alden "suit worthy shoes", black through whiskey. The cigar shoes are captoes on the Hampton last from Citishoes, hat tip to Shouldaville for posting that they had 10E available (my size)

One version has a black PTB and a ravello loafer, the other has a black NST and ravello longwing. I have held out on balmoral black as I have that in calfskin from Church's, but I may hand the calfskin down to my younger brother and jump into the perf toe...

Last edited:

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alcibiades, I appreciate a man with Saturday motivation. You have a very comprehensive and fine wardrobe. Did you say that these were the shoes you are selling to your fellow Alden SF thread followers? Well done sir. Bravo!

jasonfoote303

Reaction score

Here are my Ranger Mocs in Loden green from Unionmade. I had some Vibram Christies put on and some brass eyelets added. I frickin love these things!

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My version of the shell rainbow: Alden "suit worthy shoes", black through whiskey. The cigar shoes are captoes on the Hampton last from Citishoes, hat tip to Shouldaville for posting that they had 10E available (my size)

One version has a black PTB and a ravello loafer, the other has a black NST and ravello longwing. I have held out on balmoral black as I have that in calfskin from Church's, but I may hand the calfskin down to my younger brother and jump into the perf toe...

Nice looking stable Alcibiades. Your new captoes look brilliant.

TactileOne

Reaction score
Lots of suede on ebay. Looks as if new and only larger sizes - 11 and up.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Cigar cap toe oxfords look great my friend! Enjoy your great collection of dress shoes often and in great health!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads