1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tmw

tmw Senior Member

sorry double post

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013

2. dusttruffle

dusttruffle Senior Member

I guess it is unlikely .... perhaps not considering the luckier more affluent collectors.
    But does anyone own both the Barrie (Leffot Naval or JCrew PCT) & TrueBalance (LS Jumper) Perforated Captoes?

I would be very interested in side by side from the front and from above comparisons between the Barrie and TBalance in the same Boot.
    I suspect that whilst the Barrie version makes a good 'all rounder' (suits and jeans) the LS TB version might be too rugged for suits. [​IMG]

3. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Distinguished Member

Black NSTs have gotten weekly wear... Need the Mac method

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. wildstar

wildstar Senior Member

I am a fan of black shell. I only have a a few models, captoe and wt, but I like them a lot. Very easy to keep shiny and they go great with a fall black leather jacket.

5. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Distinguished Member

I think that in some ways black exhibits the beauty of shell better than any other color. Sure seems to shine better, but maybe thats what you mean by plasticky.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looking forward to wearing my black unlined LHS with some gray flannels and a cashmere sweater this winter.

6. dusttruffle

dusttruffle Senior Member

7. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Distinguished Member

Ugh, me too. Glad those days are over. As recently as 5 years ago, I had a closet full of KC shoes and thought I was super fly.

Just wanted to touch back on the whole Ravello Brixton/pre-order/shoes never getting produced thing. I double checked with Mike from Epaulet and he is willing to completely refund all my deposits I put down for the pre-orders he organized. And, he will also keep my original orders on file, so that when these orders are finally (if ever) confirmed, I will still be able to reserve my size. So I'm taking the refund, forgetting about the orders altogether, and then I can be nicely surprised if these ever come to fruition, and I know I'll have my size waiting for me. No more pre-orders for me...unless I can get in on one that's already been confirmed by Alden. I think in the meantime I'll use the refund money to get in on a Vass group MTO :)

8. CEE88

CEE88 Senior Member

Nice photos Bakes. Love the black shell LHS. I've always wondered about the Alden Cape Cod loafer -- with the beefrolls. I wouldn't mind something like that in shell -- any color, really.

9. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Distinguished Member

Thank you my friend. For someone that values $700 shoes, I'm pretty cheap when searching for accessories. J Crew has some nice sales where I frequently pick up socks and (repp) ties on the cheap.

10. ReppTiePrepster

Very nice CEE. We have similar taste and style. While I like the rich red color of my 990s, I do wish I had a PTB with a darker shade like yours. Well done my friend. Wear in great health!

11. ReppTiePrepster

Absolutely wonderful! While I haven't been a fan of antique edge with color 8, today's pics are inspiring! Well done rydenfan and Sazon [​IMG]

12. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Distinguished Member

seeing all this beautiful #8 has me bummed about my severely neglected LS indys.. no amount of brushing will produce a shine worthy of this thread..

I wonder if it's time to send them to someone more experienced.. I've never put polish on them (maybe reno, but I cant recall)

13. ReppTiePrepster

Excellent looking NSTs my friend. Your pics demonstrate nicely that black shell develops a very attractive patina. Wear often and in great health...

14. ReppTiePrepster

15. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior Member

Most welcome. Glad I could help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.