***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tmw

tmw Senior member

sorry double post

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013

2. dusttruffle

dusttruffle Senior member

I guess it is unlikely .... perhaps not considering the luckier more affluent collectors.
    But does anyone own both the Barrie (Leffot Naval or JCrew PCT) & TrueBalance (LS Jumper) Perforated Captoes?

I would be very interested in side by side from the front and from above comparisons between the Barrie and TBalance in the same Boot.
    I suspect that whilst the Barrie version makes a good 'all rounder' (suits and jeans) the LS TB version might be too rugged for suits. [​IMG]

3. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Black NSTs have gotten weekly wear... Need the Mac method

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. wildstar

wildstar Senior member

I am a fan of black shell. I only have a a few models, captoe and wt, but I like them a lot. Very easy to keep shiny and they go great with a fall black leather jacket.

5. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

I think that in some ways black exhibits the beauty of shell better than any other color. Sure seems to shine better, but maybe thats what you mean by plasticky.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looking forward to wearing my black unlined LHS with some gray flannels and a cashmere sweater this winter.

6. dusttruffle

dusttruffle Senior member

7. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Ugh, me too. Glad those days are over. As recently as 5 years ago, I had a closet full of KC shoes and thought I was super fly.

Just wanted to touch back on the whole Ravello Brixton/pre-order/shoes never getting produced thing. I double checked with Mike from Epaulet and he is willing to completely refund all my deposits I put down for the pre-orders he organized. And, he will also keep my original orders on file, so that when these orders are finally (if ever) confirmed, I will still be able to reserve my size. So I'm taking the refund, forgetting about the orders altogether, and then I can be nicely surprised if these ever come to fruition, and I know I'll have my size waiting for me. No more pre-orders for me...unless I can get in on one that's already been confirmed by Alden. I think in the meantime I'll use the refund money to get in on a Vass group MTO :)

8. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

Nice photos Bakes. Love the black shell LHS. I've always wondered about the Alden Cape Cod loafer -- with the beefrolls. I wouldn't mind something like that in shell -- any color, really.

9. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Thank you my friend. For someone that values $700 shoes, I'm pretty cheap when searching for accessories. J Crew has some nice sales where I frequently pick up socks and (repp) ties on the cheap.

10. ReppTiePrepster

Very nice CEE. We have similar taste and style. While I like the rich red color of my 990s, I do wish I had a PTB with a darker shade like yours. Well done my friend. Wear in great health!

11. ReppTiePrepster

Absolutely wonderful! While I haven't been a fan of antique edge with color 8, today's pics are inspiring! Well done rydenfan and Sazon [​IMG]

12. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

seeing all this beautiful #8 has me bummed about my severely neglected LS indys.. no amount of brushing will produce a shine worthy of this thread..

I wonder if it's time to send them to someone more experienced.. I've never put polish on them (maybe reno, but I cant recall)

13. ReppTiePrepster

Excellent looking NSTs my friend. Your pics demonstrate nicely that black shell develops a very attractive patina. Wear often and in great health...

14. ReppTiePrepster

15. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Most welcome. Glad I could help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.