Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

No - I find the recommended half size down for both boots works for me. FWIW, comparing two shell boots of the same size/width - one Barrie and one Trubalance - I find the length to be identical, and the Trubalance feels SLIGHTLY roomier elsewhere than the Barrie boot. I feel that I'm the same size in each last.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013

2. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

Wore my new Color 8 Ranger Moccs indoors all week - wore them outside today for the first time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. i10casual

i10casual Senior member

Those are growing on me. I wonder if anyone will be bring some out this fall?

4. brp2

brp2 Senior member

Bakes -- that's a beautiful pair of balmorals.

5. REguy

REguy Senior member

Alden's willingness and ability to competently fix issues has gone down the tubes in recent years. I should've expanded on my answer and said they used to be able to do it. I gave up on shipping shoes back to Alden years ago due to their curmudgeonly attitude toward customes. I wear holes in the heels on almost every pair of Aldens I own because the heel cups are more upright than rounded. This was never a problem to remedy in the past, but now I take shoes to cobblers who are able/willing to do it. Someone like B. Nelson should be able to help.

6. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

If you click on the image and look at the large version you'll see they are really quite awesome. The shell was pliable out of the box and I can already tell they are going to fit great as they break in. Alden Madison Ave has them now (mine are from there), Unionmade had a crepe sole version (with a few sizes still in stock) & may be planning to restock at some point, and LS had a version sometime ago.

7. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

Outstanding!

8. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

Hmmm, tightness as in shortness? Or is the toe box not wide enough, or tall enough? For me, I'd go with the same width in both of these lasts, but others (with different foot shapes) might feel otherwise.

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

awesome boots sazon

10. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

thanks man. I bought them hoping they would fit my dad but these boots fit slightly bigger than 9.5D, kind of a 9.75D

11. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

love this shoe, looks great

12. dusttruffle

dusttruffle Senior member

probably the width (it it squeezed the edges on my toes more than the front)
    having tried 8D indy and 8E indy the length of the 8E was def longer than an 8E Barrie (but only slightly) IMO. I can understand people sizing the same between the lasts. I am much closer to the 8D Barrie (millimetres away from a great fit) than I am to the 8.5D. the 8.5D is manageable but a bit "too big" to be a nice fit - For example the forefoot position is too far forward and the shoe looks "long" in length. A hybrid 8E frontend and 8.5D heel would be perfect for me.

13. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

+1000
    I'd love to get a Barrie last shoe or boot with only the heel area narrower - no change to the toe box.

14. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

I am just like you Bakes, in that the J Crew perf cap toe boot initiated an interest in the perf cap toe bal. I am leaning toward the black shell perf cap toe. I have never tried the Hampton last. Should I go with my aberdeen size?

Also, I was tempted to go a cheaper route and pick up a pair of AE Fifth Avenue (calf version)? Anyone have experience with both (AE 5 last and Hampton last)? The five last works fairly well for me.

15. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

Thank you NAMOR!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.