• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hypomnema

Reaction score
height

Sunday shine party

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had to go tts in a trubalance lasted boot as I have had to with my barrie boots? I ask because I'm considering the TSM cordovan Indy boots with the commando soles. Thanks.

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had to go tts in a trubalance lasted boot as I have had to with my barrie boots? I ask because I'm considering the TSM cordovan Indy boots with the commando soles. Thanks.

I don't own any Barrie boots, although I will in a few days (I went TTS sight unseen/foot untried) but I can say compared to Barrie lasted shoes my truebalance Cordovan Indys in the same size feel larger, and if I had gone TTS I would have felt swallowed whole in them.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since we are all being very appreciative of black shell this morning, I'll repost these pics that went unnoticed a few weeks ago during "Rare-Shell Appreciation Week".
rimshot.gif

Bakes, I doubt that your photos ever go unnoticed.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I would think they would be a bit too big. My Barrie feels snug down a half size while my Indys are roomy enough I can wear a thin insole.

vestbash

Reaction score
My grandfather's 975s, nearly deplorable condition, no cracking in shell but the liner is cracked. They are going to Alden restoration but I will be highly surprised if Alden decides to take this project on. It would be nice to see them restored if only for sentimentality, even if they are past their useful life.

#8 NST commando Plaza last, recently acquired from a fellow member.

Last edited:

CEE88

Reaction score
I've hardly had time to watch football with all the great photos being posted today. Congrats all around!

I'm intrigued by the idea of an Indy style boot on the Barrie last (nice pick up, ubiquiti). Here's a comparison of my color 8 Indy (Trubalance) and black shell Naval boot (Barrie).

Last edited:

CEE88

Reaction score

My grandfather's 975s, nearly deplorable condition, no cracking in shell but the liner is cracked. They are going to Alden restoration but I will be highly surprised if Alden decides to take this project on. It would be nice to see them restored if only for sentimentality, even if they are past their useful life.

Awesome duo you've got there, vestbash. I hope Alden takes on the restoration project.

Papa Doble

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My grandfather's 975s, nearly deplorable condition, no cracking in shell but the liner is cracked. They are going to Alden restoration but I will be highly surprised if Alden decides to take this project on. It would be nice to see them restored if only for sentimentality, even if they are past their useful life.
#8 NST commando Plaza last, recently acquired from a fellow member.
Those boots are incredible.

Sam Trainer

Reaction score

Vestbash, yr gramp's kicks are so dope. Love the fraying of the double stitch. Too far out

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Horrible pic...but some more black shell today. 4065s out shopping with my wife.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
^^ Those are pretty nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics