1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. husbands

husbands Senior member

there might have been more in - I just asked if I could have one in either of those sizes

2. thams

thams Senior member

I appreciate it nonetheless. Welcome news either way.

3. circleslife

circleslife Senior member

Excellent news! Been waiting.

4. circleslife

Kathy said they ordered four pairs. Fingers crossed!

5. Shanil

Shanil Active Member

A huge thank you to the SF member who put up the links for the BB Alden suede makeups on discount a couple of weeks ago! I've wanted an Alden suede makeup for a long time but always cringed at the price tag, overpriced in my mind compared to other options on the board. I was more than happy to snag this interesting makeup 30% off.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

Just posted in the Trickers MTO. Thanks to you and Ryden for all the info.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  7. Buckeye Nation

Buckeye Nation Senior member

Ah, I mis understood - if that's your question, I would say no - they are likely an equal level of dark

[​IMG]

These are mine in direct sunlight - as you can see, even in this light, they are very dark... The main difference is the edging

Best Regards,
    BN

8. circleslife

Thank you Sir. Great point. The light edge really contrasts the cigar brown well. Attached a captoe blucher pic on sale here with the Cigar LWB by jezeC. Contrasts the color really well. Putting them side by side.

[​IMG][​IMG]

9. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Or she'll just sell them to somebody else who happens to call up and ask for them that day, and then when you call wondering why others are posting pics of new pairs in your size on styleforum, she'll tell you that your size was never even ordered (as has happened in the past.)

1 person likes this.
  10. thams

thams Senior member

[​IMG] I have a slight advantage in that I work in DC. I might wander down there tomorrow to see what's what. I've checked with her and her staff on three separate occasions and every time my name's appeared on the 8.5D list. Holding out hope, but won't be excited until I have the boots on my feet.

11. Buckeye Nation

12. Buckeye Nation

Yes, looking at this photo - indoors mine are equally as dark - its just the edge that changes it up, I'm quite happy with the light antique edge...

13. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Bakes,

You alright? Your post have been progressively harsher and harsher lately. Hope all is well

14. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

Bakes is kind of my Styleforum Snark Hero. I happen to agree 100% with him on this one, as I've had that exact experience.

EDIT: Ok, I did not have that EXACT experience. I had an experience that was very similar, however, in that I was told that something that was clearly in stock, and which I was next in line for, was NOT in stock and had NEVER ARRIVED IN MY SIZE. Approx. 5 minutes after an SF member announced on here he had given up his claim. When it was clear I was next in line for the same size and same makeup.

15. intensanity

intensanity Senior member

Here's a long shot question. I'm a 9EEE in the AE #5 last (Park Aves, Strand, etc.). Is there a "conversion" for the Barrie and Grant lasts that anyone can help me out with? Thanks!

16. Buckeye Nation

I this case, I can confirm 100% he is correct, as he is referencing the 10.5D Whiskey Short Wings that were recently ordered.

17. smoothie1

smoothie1 Senior member

PSA- The Shoe Mart has a couple pairs Ravello LHS left in stock. There's a good chance this includes the coveted size 10 D. Good luck fellows.

18. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

^ Sure about that? Not looking like you can add any of them to cart. No width option. Error messages, etc. (Same true for cigar sizes shown.)

19. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Aww shucks. Honored to be someone's hero, even if it only their hero of Styleforum snark. All is well. I am just naturally cynical IRL. Many get a kick out of it. Not trying to rain on anyones parade or degrade the Alden Thread atmosphere. I like to think that I make helpful posts sometimes too.
    Not sure if it was you, Buda, or someone else, but I remember someone posting here about such an experience. Maybe it happened to three different folks independently.

FWIW, Joe supposedly put me on the cigar cap toe list back in the fall of 2011 or 2012 (I can't remember its been a while) and I never got a call. For the best, as that make-up is not on my list anymore. Just goes to show that the lists might not always be properly executed.

20. Buckeye Nation

It wasn't you and I, but another member and I, unfortunately

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.