1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Nicely done. I dig those socks, too.

2. thromb

thromb Senior member

As sazon commented, the whiskey is apparently very light in color compared to others I've seen. From the photos, they almost look like 'natural' colored cordovan. Hope to see additional pics soon.
    It'll probably be a week or so before my pair comes in from Alden NY and I can get a first hand look.

Does anyone know what carrier they're using to ship?

3. tsekh

tsekh Senior member

4. postal007

postal007 Senior member

Thanks for the tip! Which BB shoes are made by Alden - just the ones listed above? I know the shell cordovan is, as I bought one from BB (perforated captoe), but I also know a bunch of the other shoes are made by AE.

5. odessaboots

odessaboots Active Member

Question: These first two styles appear to be the similar model as the 29332/6 snuff suede dover, except they are lined. Does anyone know how they fit compared to those models? It says they are lined and last information is missing...

Thanks for the help!

6. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

I really like those mocc toe (imagine that). I was trying to figure out what last they looked like. They look Plaza-ish...

7. epc2

epc2 Senior member

I'm curious about the snuff PTB looks too sleek for Barrie, Leydon maybe?

8. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

Here are a few more pictures of the new whiskey LWBs compared to the recent whiskey SWBs. Remember that these were taken with an iPhone, so the color accuracy is a little off. Having said that, this new batch of whiskey is definitely slightly lighter in color than the previous whiskey. Another poster had a good description when he said that the new whiskey is almost a "natural shell" look. I will say this: the new whiskey is closer to the color of my Ashland "natural shell" bifold than the old whiskey is...if that makes any sense.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  9. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Yep. I don't think any of them look like Barrie.

10. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

That Whiskey SW looks like the old Cigar.

11. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

My word those are all amazing, if I had the cash I would take those Whiskey LWB off your hands in a heartbeat. I have some Alden funds saved up but they are going to my Leffot Tanker preorder.

12. Vicious49

Vicious49 Senior member

Noticed I got an email from Leffot about an hour ago with some new releases. I just clicked on it and 1 of the shoes is a suede/navy saddle that's already sold out in most sizes. Wow, that was quick.

13. REguy

REguy Senior member

Those shoes have been on Leffot's website for almost a week.

14. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

Quote:
    Honestly, neither the new cigar nor the LWB whiskey is as dark is it appears in this picture. I can't wait until I get a better camera in a few months, but I may try to snap some better shots with my current digital camera tonight or tomorrow. Still, the LWB (April) whiskey is slightly lighter than the SWB (March) whiskey.

I'll swap you the whiskey LWB for your whiskey LHS. [​IMG] Us southern folks "need" whiskey or ravello LHS for the summer, and I have neither. [​IMG] I'm considering Rancourt natural shell as an alternative.

15. Vicious49

Vicious49 Senior member

So not as hot as I thought then. I usually just check Leffot for preorders but I'm on a buying hiatus for a bit so haven't been doing much searching around at all lately.

16. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

I am going to seriously consider that, I am not sure which pair would get more love in my collection. I do already have a pair of walnut calf AE McAllisters so have a somewhat similar shoe in my collection. I guess kind of similar to your current decision.

17. Shanil

Shanil Active Member

I do too! Now to try and figure out the last so that sizing won't be an issue... It does show a resemblance to Plaza.

Just from the shape I doubt I'll have to size down? Any advice from folks that have experience with this pair?

18. gforce

gforce Senior member

Waiting on my Whiskey LWB to show up.............I didn't get an email or call........hopefully they are in route....:D

19. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

shit just got real...

1 person likes this.
  20. smoothie1

smoothie1 Senior member

^ hilarious.

What do you fellows wear with light colored SWBs and LWBs, like the referenced natural, or almost bandaid, colored whiskey LWB pair? They don't appear to be terribly versatile to me.

I like the color of whiskey pair of SWBs more, at least as it appears in the photograph, recognizing that whiskey shell can photograph poorly in some light conditions.

For my money, a LHS in whiskey or another light color would be more practical than a SWB or LWB. But then again, Leffot sells a white suede LWB, so I suppose fans of the LWB appreciate almost any version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.