1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Distinguished Member

Suede LWBs are awesome but retailers tend not order E widths in them. Maybe Alden NYC...

2. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Distinguished Member

Great Combo Are these ravello or color 8? I like that shade of cordovan

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013

3. Shawnc

Shawnc Distinguished Member

I never even thought of two eyelets being a problem. I've only worn my color 8's from Laden of Carmel in the house and haven't noticed an issue. If this changes when I actually venture outdoors, rydenfan, where are you considering having the third eyelet added? Above or below the existing two?

4. Shawnc

It takes a certain amount of confidence to pair plaid and argyles. You pull it off very well. Really nice shoes as well. Nicely done.

5. blue collar

blue collar Distinguished Member

Sorry, I'm a little late to the game.

I'd do a Whiskey and Ravello saddle blucher, flat 360 welt, sigle waterlock sole, blind eyelets, antique edgetrim. :slayer:

Much like the LS #4 and black saddle from a few years back.

This Shoe
    [​IMG]

With this colorway (i know this specific shoe is Mahogany, but you get that idea)
    [​IMG]

6. neutrino

neutrino Senior Member

Thank you, gentlemen! I'm humbled by the comments. These are actually cigar. I think I need to start searching for a proper edge dressing for them.

7. rydenfan

rydenfan Distinguished Member

I would go above to provide a bit more ankle support. It's not a huge deal and I love Chukkas very much as a style but the third eyelet does make a difference. I am eagerly awaiting the 6 eyelet chukka to get confirmed. I also like Carminas 5 eyelet.

A 6 eyelet NST Cigar chukka would make my short list for Mr.DV's question from yesterday.

8. Shawnc

Interesting as I thought you would go below. But your reasoning makes a lot of sense. This is definitely something I will watch out for for a couple of reasons. One, I'm fortunate enough to have access to a really good cobbler here in Pgh. This guy does amazing work. Also, my chukkas were my first new purchase and I went down a 1/2 size in the barrie last. In hindsight, I should have went down a complete size as they are still a little roomy. The third set of eyelets may mitigate this condition a little. Either way, this is really good information. Thanks again for the tip.

9. pasteurisation

pasteurisation Senior Member

Hello, I need your advices as I don't know much about Alden shoes. Do you think it is a good deal if I can get these Indy boots at $200.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. rydenfan

rydenfan Distinguished Member

ShawnC, you may want to try a thin insole. I have had good success in shoes that are a bit too roomy

11. hooker4186

hooker4186 Distinguished Member

Absolutely. IF those are a 9D you'd better buy 'em quick before I track down where they're listed.

12. pasteurisation

pasteurisation Senior Member

LOL. Thanks for your opinion, bro!

13. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Distinguished Member

Fine looking LWBs Neutrino! I especially like the patina. The ensemble is quite nice too. Wear your gunboats often and in great health my friend...

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013

14. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Distinguished Member

Sorry to hear about your Snuff LWBs. The cadet shoe is a nice replacement. I wonder though, if dealing with Alden directly might have ended with a repaired shoe. You'll get your crack at it again. What size are you? Unfortunately (or fortunately) J Crew currently does not have my size in the snuff boot. Best of luck my friend...

15. rick

rick Senior Member

bad pic great boot just picked these up.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.