• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Tempted to ask what last but no way if the bid starts at 750$. Well I guess the market will set the price.
Haha!! Good ole Barrie! Which makes them my size! Too rich for my blood. I have a hard time paying that money now when I know I get shell boots for less!

I will stick to black and #8 Aldens if that is the price for anything else.

Last edited:

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed my size as well. It isn't a grail for me I'd much rather a ravello nst boot or shoe. All the nst love lately has me hooked.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Agreed my size as well. It isn't a grail for me I'd much rather a ravello nst boot or shoe. All the nst love lately has me hooked.
I am on the hunt for an NST, too. I will pay the exotic premium for that. I just ordered a cappuccino shell PTB thru AE, so that will scratch that itch.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I get needing to sell them but drives me crazy when people look to turn a profit from it. So not my style...

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
I get needing to sell them but drives me crazy when people look to turn a profit from it. So not my style...
I would image that is the only reason they bought them as well. Quite possibly...

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We are purists. I can see why given someone's potential situation they could seek to maximize their profit. I agree though it feels similar to shelling out three times the ticket value for a nfl game to some hustler who could care less about the team.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
We are purists. I can see why given someone's potential situation they could seek to maximize their profit. I agree though it feels similar to shelling out three times the ticket value for a nfl game to some hustler who could care less about the team.
Might be quite lucrative to go out and buy all the exotic shell you can wether it's your size or not...then sell.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously, prices like that (if they're actually being bought) are making me consider flipping my Cigar LWBs just to try. Geez.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Seriously, prices like that (if they're actually being bought) are making me consider flipping my Cigar LWBs just to try. Geez.
Yes, there is already a bid at $750 with 5 days left on the auction. They will sell for at least $750.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Could have sold them here and saved a lot of eBay fees. At cost I would have bought them

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
And these are a size 8 so on a cost per inch basis your 12 or 13 should go way higher
smile.gif
If that is the case, Argentino, I'll buy your cigar LWB and I'll cut them in half and make 2 pair that I can sell and make a killing on!
rotflmao.gif

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I looked for the listing but I couldn't find it do you have a link ti?

CEE88

Reaction score
Just remember the Wall St rule: "bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads