• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

i10casual

Reaction score
Just got home from a fun teppanyaki dinner with my wife and daughter. These are finally breaking in after two or three years. The shell is relaxing and fits like a soft glove now. The soles move with my feet instead of feeling like cork planks. This is just a relaxed iphone shot with my color 8's and well worn Hilfiger chinos.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looking at your shoes MrDV is almost as good as reaching for the sour mash. Beautiful shoes with a great shine.

Thank you be.

looking good :worship:

Thank you sir.

Mr DV beautiful shoes, as always. Enjoy in good health.

Thank you rishi.

They look like they are darkening nicely MrDV.  Every time you post these you inspire me to wear mine!

Thanks rtp. These I could wear every week, I do have other shoes I struggle with. Black shell!!!! I struggle with black shoes.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

CEE88

Reaction score

Great looking boots. Ls?
Very nice.
I like the action shots. Great looking boots.
Sharp looking boots cee. I missed the wear your boots today memo.

MrDV, with you memos are just a suggestion. You have a very fine Alden collection, Sir.

CEE88

Reaction score

First wear Natural Chromexcel PTB from Alden Shop SF. Extremely comfortable shoe.

Sir, that is one fine natty CXL PTB. It will only get more comfortable. I wore mine earlier this week - love it.

CEE88

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Leather Soul's Plaza last monk strap shoe?

I believe they've done versions of the shoe for quite some time - calf, shell and currently, in suede (blue and snuff).

The blue suede piqued my interest but ... I'm sure. It would be my first 'blue suede shoe.'

Gerry

Reaction score
Found myself in San Francisco on my way back to Dublin so having looked up Alden on Google maps I took a trip to 170 Sutter. What a nice shop and very helpfull staff. I did not have any particular shoe in mind except that I always wanted a pair of Alden and they are not easy to come by on this side of the Atlantic. Eventually I settled on these:

They feel like a very solid shoe, I can only imagine what the doubled soled ones feel like, anyway the leather does seem nore substantial than my C&J Handgrades so does this mean they will take a while to break in. Either way am loving my first pair of Alden. :)

gosheik

Reaction score

Great looking boots. Ls?

Thanks! No, these are from Alden NY. They called me from a wait-list last week. King Cap Toe, all eyelets, Grant last (TTS fit for those interested). Real happy with them.

wildstar

Reaction score

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
I didn't know you had those, you've been holding out on me
smile.gif
. Very nice!
I'm pretty sure I mentioned it in passing...maybe...haha. These were my first Alden shell shoes...at the top of a VERY slippery slope!

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New to me #8 NST. Were in like new shape. After a little Mac method love last night, I'm pretty happy with the pick-up for $300

As received yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads