1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don L

Don L Senior member

Love the Alt Wien's

2. PeterL

PeterL Senior member

^agree. Like them even more with reverse welt.
    [​IMG]

3. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Whose makeup is that? Gorgeous. And are you guys subscribers to the "balmoral = dress, blucher = casual?" Because that black pair could dress up some slacks, I'd think.

4. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

End
    http://www.endclothing.co.uk/brands/alden/alden-cap-toe-blucher.html

(BTW, view image, copy image url, paste into Google image search, voila)

5. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

The possibility of you selling whiskey longwings in my size makes my wallet very nervous, might need to block you for a while.

6. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

If you were an 8 barrie Mr.Clemson, i would gladly take those shortwings off your hand.

7. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Thanks. Going to wear them already all over this city on my last day here.

8. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Yeah I just happened to see a post here about the pre-order and jumped on it. They didn't have slots for specific sizes in this case, I think they just had a certain number of total pairs available (18-24 maybe) and they let you pick whatever size you wanted as long as you got in before they ran out of slots. I requested a size 12B, which I know they would never order unless someone requested it. I kinda wish I got the whiskey as well because who knows when I'll get a chance to get a pair of those in my size.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  9. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

You aren't the only person.....

10. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

I am diggin' the Alt Weins. May give this calf make-up a try...

11. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

I just checked them out on the site. I'm diggin them as well.

12. docalden2013

docalden2013 Senior member

Thanks for the heads up! Working on deciding whether to finally go for the olive commander jacket. Sales associate may be able to help me with a discount.
    Interesting. I've heard the converse argument on this thread made very vigorously. I prefer the compromise: go for both.

I have these boots. I like them very much. I think the quality appears to be better than Alden (no random loose threads, proper punching on brogueing, excellent welting). Very sturdy looking. Color 8 cxl looks amazing in sunlight. So just buy them already. FWIW, a young girl hit on me downtown this past weekend (this doesn't happen a lot, as I'm a nerdy professional in my late 30s, very happily married and not looking for trouble) and started the convo by commenting on the Vibergs. I know it wasn't my suave look, because the outfit was nothing special and I had my head buried in my work laptop. Color 8 is king--in shell and, I guess, in cxl. For the record, the phone number she gave me went immediately into the recycling bin. Maybe I should've told her to check in with @bkotsko . He's a cool guy!

2 people like this.
  13. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Does anyone know off-hand if w/ the Brooks Brothers 40% coupon that went out in mailers last week whether you can pick up Cordo if your local store doesn't stock the shoe? The coupon is meticulous about mentioning it's only good in-store - not online and not for "phone orders" - but if I walk in my B&M BB, shake money at the SA and say I want cap-toe bluchers in #8, [COLOR=FF00AA]WILL IT HAPPEN?[/COLOR]

14. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Beautiful #8's!!! 4060?

Nice to see another Mike rocking Ravello LWBs. :)

I would keep the Shortwing personally. But that is super tough. The Shortwing are harder to come by.

15. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Alden Natural CXL Wingtip Boots (with Brass Eyelets and Hooks). Maiden voyage. They were factory seconds from TheShoeMart. Still no clue which store commissioned them...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yeah, I kind of went crazy with the socks... All my brown ones were in the wash and I figured that no one would see them (plus I had a blue shirt on)! :)

-Mike

1 person likes this.
  16. circleslife

circleslife Senior member

They look awesome mdubs. Congratulations! If shoemart had these pics in their mailer I would have picked them. Nice work with the camera.

17. circleslife

circleslife Senior member

18. chewbocka

chewbocka Well-Known Member

19. hkpm

hkpm Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally got the kudu chukka.
    I didn't plan to get them, however when I saw the PSA about 40% off at O'Connell and there was a pair in my size, I pulled the trigger.

I think they are good casual/rainy days/beater shoes.
    Though there are some color difference and the usual creases on CXL, with the discount, I could live with them.

Now there is 20% discount at denimbar and the unlined CXL dover and all colors suede dover are in my size, tempting [​IMG]

20. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

nice looking navy suede monk on Plaza just landed at Leffot

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.