• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

+1  i need a pair these, 9015??  How does the Hampton last compare to aberdeen?  Same as far as sizing?  tts? Not sure if I want black or color 8.  congrats and wear in great health my friend!

nephew,
the Aberdeen last is Alden's most narrow last in the toe box. the Hampton last is slightly roomier in the toe box. if you wear a suit three to four times a week, you should consider the medallion cap toe which is one of alden's best models in either king or black. the cap toe 9015 can be worn with a casual attire whereas the medallion 2145 is dress shoe model

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

this.

was mulling earlier over a pair of #8 indys I have that the left shoe is creased 'better' due to clutch usage than the right.. trying to figure out how I can resolve this :rotflmao:

This never happens to me. I don't bend my toes when I push the clutch or let it out. I use my ankle joint for the finer movements.

With all this 9015 love. ..

[/IMG]

Last edited:

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

this.

was mulling earlier over a pair of #8 indys I have that the left shoe is creased 'better' due to clutch usage than the right.. trying to figure out how I can resolve this :rotflmao:

nephew,
easy problem to solve except it could be expensive-get a chauffeur

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

X-post from the AE thread: I got tired of the mess in my closet from my boots all over the place. My first step was to get rid of lot of my clothes that I hardly wore to make room for some shoe racks. I got some cheap plastic/metal racks but they just didn't do the trick. So I got a woodworker to make me a boot rack of heart of cedar or aromatic cedar or whatever it's called. I'm much happier now but I don't think my closet is big enough for another rack... The before:
The after:
nephew, good looking boot wardrobe, enjoy wearing

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a nice surprise visit from the mailman today as I wasn't expecting these until later in the week.

Picked them up on ebay and at $450 shipped, they set me back a little more than I would have preferred. But timing is everything and when I purchased my commando chukka's from Alden of Carmel a couple of months ago I deliberated for days on these or the chukkas. I ultimately decided on these only to find out that my size had sold out. I really like the Alden commando and I felt like I would have been kicking myself if I had passed on this opportunity. As with most shoes on ebay, the seller claimed that these had only been worn once. Unlike most shoes that are sold on ebay, these really appear to have only been once indoors. Now that I have the shoes, I am absolutely ecstatic with the acquisition.

My biggest problem is that I have a strong desire to clean a shoe that clearly does not need it. Maybe I'll brush them for a few minutes and see if the urge abates. That and the fact that I have got to stop buying shoes. And I will. As soon as I pick up a pair of plain toe black shell shoes or boots
1f609.png

Congrats Shawnc. I have the same ones. (These are the shortwing bluchers-barrie, right?) I bought mine new from AoC for about $200 more. You got yourself a great pair of shoes for that price. Congrats my friend and wear in great health!

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Got a nice surprise visit from the mailman today as I wasn't expecting these until later in the week.

P
icked them up on ebay and at $450 shipped, they set me back a little more than I would have preferred. But timing is everything and when I purchased my commando chukka's from Alden of Carmel a couple of months ago I deliberated for days on these or the chukkas. I ultimately decided on these only to find out that my size had sold out. I really like the Alden commando and I felt like I would have been kicking myself if I had passed on this opportunity. As with most shoes on ebay, the seller claimed that these had only been worn once. Unlike most shoes that are sold on ebay, these really appear to have only been once indoors. Now that I have the shoes, I am absolutely ecstatic with the acquisition.

My biggest problem is that I have a strong desire to clean a shoe that clearly does not need it. Maybe I'll brush them for a few minutes and see if the urge abates. That and the fact that I have got to stop buying shoes. And I will. As soon as I pick up a pair of plain toe black shell shoes or boots
1f609.png

nephew,
good acquisition
wear in good health
consider using the break in method

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
drive an automatic until they even out
fing02[1].gif

rotflmao.gif
It's funny you mention that. I drive a manual. Today I thought to myself as I was holding the clutch, I can feel my left shoe creasing!
rotflmao.gif

Last edited:

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This never happens to me. I don't bend my toes when I push the clutch or let it out. I use my ankle joint for the finer movements.

[/IMG]

nephew,
good looking combo

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

this.

I don't think I have this problem, but you know I'm gonna look now! haha

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nephew,
the Aberdeen last is Alden's most narrow last in the toe box. the Hampton last is slightly roomier in the toe box. if you wear a suit three to four times a week, you should consider the medallion cap toe which is one of alden's best models in either king or black. the cap toe 9015 can be worn with a casual attire whereas the medallion 2145 is dress shoe model

Thank you Uncle. I actually wore my 2145 today. Maybe I do not need another color 8 dress shoe.

Last edited:

hkpm

Reaction score
Just see that Woodlore's shoe tree has a sale, buy one get one free.
Is it a good bargain?

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

[/URL]

You are a man of serious talent my friend! Nice pics, btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads