***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teger

Teger Senior member

if anyone is interested, the DC store is doing a special make up of revelo long wings

2. MiniW

MiniW Senior member

fuck those whiskey tankers are nice. It'd be great if they were available to purchase...

3. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

if anyone is interested, the DC store is doing a special make up of revelo long wings
    Thanks. Called and they already have my size promised out! [​IMG]

4. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

Trubalance v. Barrie

Had an interesting experience in the SF Alden store today while stopping by to get some paste wax.

I know a lot of discussion has taken place on this thread on how to size the Trubalance last, with different people having different approaches and experiences. But I haven't yet heard it said that the trubalance last is actually the same last as the barrie. Which is what the Alden store manager told me today.

To clarify, I asked if he meant they were sized the same. He said, no, they are the same last.

It makes no sense.

5. dsbkoko

dsbkoko Senior member

[​IMG] here is whiskey tanker boots from hong kong tassles.
    I just died and went to heaven. Amazing.

6. robin

robin Senior member

Lots of cigar and whiskey cordovan shoes just sitting around in the Alden factory...

[​IMG]

7. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

That's awesome.

8. slide13

slide13 Senior member

Are those Whisky Tankers cordovan? They don't have the shine I typically see on the cordo shoes, they look more like calf. Either way I love them. I really like the NST stitching on the Tanker boots for some reason...wearing my black Context Tankers right now.

9. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

They're cordovan, they just haven't been worn in enough to get a nice shine. I like the NST also, but given the choice, I would prefer the straight up moc toe of the original indy. Maybe best to get both[​IMG]

Thoughts, anybody, on that Trubalance / Barrie rumor that I posted a few messages back? It's relevant to me; after much trial and error I know my size in Barrie to a T, but have never tried a Trubalance shoe.

10. lowrider

lowrider Senior member

I think the lack of shine is just the lighting in the photo. I've seen many a pic of whiskey cords that are shiny. I'd like a pair of whiskey Indys some day.

I'm colour blind and was told that whiskey doesn't go with blue jeans (pretty much all I wear) as well as khaki so I guess I'll have to wait until I mature enough to appreciate wearing khaki pants... Right now I'm gunning for something in ravello.

11. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

I second the ravello lust; I saw someone on the street wearing what appeared to be ravello chukkas and they looked incredible.

12. Teger

Teger Senior member

revello is definitely nice, although I still think whisky is king

13. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

How does whiskey age? I've seen a few scattered posts mentioning that it looks great as it ages. I've seen a few more observing that it actually doesn't develop as nice a patina as the darker colors.

There isn't enough pics of well worn whisky in the forum or on the 'net in general. A few days ago I turned up a pic of some well worn whiskey longwings (alliteration not intentional) and the truth was they didn't look as phenomenal as I hoped or expected from a rare, expensive cordovan shoe. At least not in the photographs. I would love see some thrashed, super-soft, highly developed whiskeys at the peak of their beauty.

14. Razele

Razele Senior member

I like revello because I don't like #8 or black, and that gives me two colours to play with in cordovan.

15. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

^what about cigar?

I'm not a fan of black cordovan either. I used to dislike #8 but changed my mind a bit when i saw these older indies in another sf thread (this photo gets recycled a bit as an example of worn cigar, color 8, etc):

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...rdovan+chukkas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.