• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CEE88

Reaction score

Well I'm glad I've gotten some major shell purchases out of the way. Looks like my buying will be more calf oriented this fall/winter. Or maybe I will get some more "standard" shell purchases done. Or better yet, maybe I'll just go into buying hibernation as a couple MTOs and pre-orders should be trickling in...

tifosi, I tried the hibernation method. It required hibernating from SF as well. It works for a while. But then you get curious, want to see what's going on, who's offering what special make up...and soon your back, full throttle!

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
tifosi, I tried the hibernation method. But it included hibernating from SF as well. It works for a while. But then you get curious, want to see what's going on, who's offering what special make up...and soon your back, full throttle!
Good point. I have done quite a bit of ordering and buying the past couple months. Purchases that probably should have been spread out till almost next year, so. Once the shoes/boots start shipping I guess I'll be happy and I won't need this feeling of instant gratification (which I love) of buying stock items. In the coming months up until early next year I will have 2 shell Alden boots, 1 shell LWB and 2 shell Allen Edmonds custom shell orders trickling in. Sheesh when I write it all down...

Kwaker

Reaction score

Well the ball of my foot ends up at the widest part of the shoe on both lasts. So I would say a bit snugger on the width on the 1 last. My foot felt a bit more cozy in the 1 than the barrie. Still comfortable and not tight at all.

Barrie-lasted shoes in 8D could not fit me any better.
As for the AE 1-last, I've got a sub-optimal fit on the 8.5D cordovan Leeds ... if it wasn't already too late to exchange, I would have gone for an 8E or even perhaps 8EE.

CEE88

Reaction score

"...Looks like my buying will be more calf oriented this fall/winter..."

Speaking of non-shell, any love out there for the Ranger Mocc in reverse chamois? I pulled this one out today because I've been thinking about getting another make up of the Ranger (shell!)

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Barrie-lasted shoes in 8D could not fit me any better.
As for the AE 1-last, I've got a sub-optimal fit on the 8.5D cordovan Leeds ... if it wasn't already too late to exchange, I would have gone for an 8E or even perhaps 8EE.
Hmmmm, yea...I think I probably have a little room in the 8D barrie (but not enough to warrant a narrower size) so the cordovan Leeds still fit me very nicely in a D width.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
rotflmao.gif

I apologize for injecting some historical politics into this thread! Marxists and right-wingers are embraced on this thread so long as though appreciate Alden and its shell offerings. (Although I suppose one could not be a Marxist shell-wearing tree-hugger, could they??)

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Speaking of non-shell, any love out there for the Ranger Mocc in reverse chamois? I pulled this one out today because I've been thinking about getting another make up of the Ranger (shell!)

I like ranger mocs a lot! I want a pair for next spring/summer.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Where did you order those from? Look awesome.
J Gilbert was running a pre-order for these a few months ago. They may still have some sizes available? I think delivery time is roughly October.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents, some amazing looking pics of footwear today... ravello gunboats, black shell cap toe boots (compliments of pres Grant), suede SWB, snuff wtip boots, rangers, color 8 BB wingtip bals, etc.... awesome!!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I'll have to contribute something tomorrow; too busy at work today. Enjoy the remainder of the day my friends!

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the extra pics. Love the Alden boots that are all eyelets.
My pleasure...and you and me both!

So much so that I just couldn't resist...

Last edited:

magneto78

Reaction score
I d
Lady jeans.  Ouch.  Spoken like a man unable to fit into them.  (As I would not be able to even if my gigantic testosterone levels fell to the basement.)
[/quote. I don't fit into a leotard either. Just not a fan of the femme looks that are in vogue

magneto78

Reaction score
Jgilbert. A few sizes remain and if you sing up for their email list you get $50 off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads