• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nephew,
good looking combo, good shine on your bb wt

Thanks uncle. I've been brushing.

Outstanding combination MrDV! Wear in good health

Thanks rishi.

Nice combo MrDV, very eye catching. Do all Alden for BB offerings have exposed eyelets?

Thank you be. I've only handled sw and ptbs, all with exposed eyelets.

Nice shoe MrDV. This one is moving fast up my 'want' list. Does it fit TTS?

Thank you sir. Yes tts fit. I tried all 3, 1/2 down, tts, 1/2 up.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Notice there are zero shell styles on the J. Gilbert list, not even black or #8. And what is Regina Grain calf? Anyone got any pics of that? I'd be interested to see how the hunting green suede turns out as well.

stuffstuff

Reaction score
could anyone tell me how number 1 last (allen edmonds leeds) compares to the barrie last (alden all weather walker)?

i'm a 9E in the former and want to figure out the right sizing for the latter.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
could anyone tell me how number 1 last (allen edmonds leeds) compares to the barrie last (alden all weather walker)?

i'm a 9E in the former and want to figure out the right sizing for the latter.
I wear the same size in the 1 last as I do in Barrie. 8D in both.

The 1 last feels a bit snugger than the Barrie, but it still works for me in the same size. I assumed I'd be an 8.5 (my TTS) in the 1 last, but when I went and tried it on the 8 was perfect. Glad I tried it on before I placed a couple orders. Could have been an expensive, non-returnable mistake!

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Stevent, NOS is highly subjective, especially shell. Generally a 'good price' might be ... less than $300...?

Thanks some longwings on eBay I'm curious about but a little over $300

Also looking forward to the green and blue styles at j. Gilbert

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The FedEx man cometh... Black shell captoe on Grant from TSM. I could get used the beauty of black shell.
nephew, wear in good health

stuffstuff

Reaction score
I wear the same size in the 1 last as I do in Barrie. 8D in both.

The 1 last feels a bit snugger than the Barrie, but it still works for me in the same size. I assumed I'd be an 8.5 (my TTS) in the 1 last, but when I went and tried it on the 8 was perfect. Glad I tried it on before I placed a couple orders. Could have been an expensive, non-returnable mistake!
snug on the width, or the length?

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
snug on the width, or the length?
Well the ball of my foot ends up at the widest part of the shoe on both lasts. So I would say a bit snugger on the width on the 1 last. My foot felt a bit more cozy in the 1 than the barrie. Still comfortable and not tight at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads