• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RTP: The BB shortwing oxford is a wonderful fit (very comfortable), looks great, ...

+1

Shiny

Reaction score

My friend, if I had it to do all over again, I would start out with the Alden for BB shortwing oxford on the M-75 last (very similar to plaza). 

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Cordo...?dwvar_037H_Color=BLCK&contentpos=4&cgid=0522

Currently the BB website only indicates 11D and 11.5D in stock.  However, the inventory of local BB stores across the country are not included in the website stock.  For instance, I found the shoe in my size at the BB store on Madison in NYC about a month ago.  It is spectacular by all accounts... may be the best fitting Alden I've tried and it's hands down superior to the RL Marlow, IMHO.  Go to a local BB store or call one (call the Madison store) and ask them to do a search for them.  I bet you locate one.  It's worth it!

Best of luck my friend...

I wish they didn't have the exposed eyelets. It would look so much classier.

Do you think B Nelson would be able to hide the eyelets during the 1st resole?

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

friday leisure time

Alden LHS
Bills Khakis
$3.50 Cole Hahn Argyles from Lord & Taylor

nephew,
wear your king lhs in good health

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

king ptb
argyles otc

Last edited:

CEE88

Reaction score

I agree with my friend BeSpiff, both are excellent boots.  Quick question though, is it me, or do the barrie lasted naval boots look sleeker and even slightly more narrow than the plaza lasted color 8 boots?

I'd be happy to possess either (or both)!

Thanks RTP, I value your opinion on these matters. This Plaza doesn't seem a whole lot less bulky than the Barrie Naval boot, that's for sure. I will attempt to get a better photo of the boots side by side. As I said, the 10.5 Barrie feels roomier than the 10.5 Plaza - in the heel area, across the arch and definitely tow space. So they might appear the same size, but my feet say otherwise. Also, the Plaza boot has a commando sole and 360 degree flat welt, so it's perhaps a bit more bulked up than some other examples of the Plaza last.

CEE88

Reaction score

My friend, if I had it to do all over again, I would start out with the Alden for BB shortwing oxford on the M-75 last (very similar to plaza). 

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Cordo...?dwvar_037H_Color=BLCK&contentpos=4&cgid=0522

Currently the BB website only indicates 11D and 11.5D in stock.  However, the inventory of local BB stores across the country are not included in the website stock.  For instance, I found the shoe in my size at the BB store on Madison in NYC about a month ago.  It is spectacular by all accounts... may be the best fitting Alden I've tried and it's hands down superior to the RL Marlow, IMHO.  Go to a local BB store or call one (call the Madison store) and ask them to do a search for them.  I bet you locate one.  It's worth it!

Best of luck my friend...
Hey RTP, I stumbled on a picture of this 'M75 wingtip' that someone posted here, and have been trying to find that picture again for the last couple of weeks. Couldn't remember who posted it, didn't know the model, and it didn't come up in any photo searches. It was in color 8 and looked fantastic. So thanks for identifying! (Didn't realize it was a BB shoe). I understand the criticism somebody mentioned about the exposed eyelets, but they totally work on this shoe (as they do on your suede blucher, which I believe MrDV also sports) - in fact, I'd say the eyelets are one of things that makes this shoe look so phenomenal. Do you happen to know how this last fits? Would, say, a size 11 fit TTS? I'd probably only try it if there was a BB Code out there, but I gotta agree with you - this is a very nice shoe.

ATLVol

Reaction score
Looking for some feedback on the tobacco chamois leather.....would this be a good option for fall/winter? Possibly a picture or two in the wild? Thanks!

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
would love to see what Mac could accomplish to my neglected #8 indys.

CEE88

Reaction score

Absolutely awesome boots you have there good sir. Which boot fits you better, plaza or barrie? Wear them in the best of health.

Thanks B, much appreciated.
The Naval Boot is so new that it's going to be some time before I know precisely how well it's going to fit. No plans to wear it outside for at least another couple of weeks. I will say this, though: I usually get Barrie last footware in size 10D, and they fit reasonably well (I'm an 11C Brannock, going down a FULL size in D width Barries to accomodate its voluminous fit). But my 10D Barrie last boots just don't work for length, so I decided to get the Naval Boot in size 10.5D. So far so good. Where my foot might slip & slide in a 10.5D Barrie shoe, especially the heel, the 10.5D Naval Boot holds fine while still providing my foot a little space to move. The Plaza is fine for length but it generally provides a snug fit. Also, the widest part of my foot seems to line up equally well with the widest part of the 10.5D Barrie and the 10.5D Plaza. As of right now, I think the Naval Boot is going to end up being my best fitting boot (perhaps until my 10.5C Leffot NST Boot arrives in 2014), followed closely by my 10.5D Plaza last plain toe & 10D Context Trubalance last CXL Roy Boot (which gets bonus points for being so nicely broken in).

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
and I now just realized they aren't even laced
rotflmao.gif
havent worn them in some time I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads