1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buckeye Nation

Buckeye Nation Senior member

B@stard... I'm on the list AFTER that one... :D

I am in the list for the black medallion on plaza, which should be coming April / May...

Cheers,
    BN

2. thebeebs

thebeebs Senior member

This is probably not what you're looking for, but sell the 2 you wear least frequently.

Why would you use any other parameters?

3. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

I missed the most recent run. I have to wait for the next one. Think that list is still pretty open. I think I am right there with you!

4. ElDave

ElDave Senior member

Thanks! My size has to be ordered but that's exactly what I was looking for.

5. macjedi

macjedi Senior member

6. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

I would sell
    Black nst shoe
    Snuff wingtip

7. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

I would sell the black unlined PTB first, and then decide which of the two color 8 boots you want to keep.

I think the plaza snuff wingtips are a unique and highly appealing make-up, imo. If I didn't have any other snuff in this sort of make up I would not give it up (bc I wear mine quite frequently; not sure how much use you get from it though).

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  8. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

I would boot the unlined black pts and the suede wingtip. What are the details on the denim?

9. 90shilling

90shilling Senior member

+1 - def the black unlined PTB, and I would sell the color 8 captoe, since you wouldn't have a color 8 wingtip left to wear.

10. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

shell monk
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  11. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

The denim are the 3sixteen 17oz, purchased from Self Edge. I really like them as a heavier weight alternative to my usual APCs.

12. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

There is sometimes a difference between preference and actual wearability

I "prefer" the color 8 tankers over the black tankers by a lot - the color 8 tankers are one of my favorite models

I have worn the black cordovan tanker more recently because it is a commando soled black boot, and I have a lot of fall/winter outfits that it goes well with. I have a few sweaters in black (cashmere, cardigans, v neck, etc), a black parka, black quilted jacket, dark grey houndstooth pants, etc. With those outfits, I prefer black footwear. For example, for weekend nights I may wear a pair of houndstooth trousers, a pink or blue dress shirt, a black RRL cardigan and either black tanker boots or my black captoe boots, depending on the weather.

With spring approaching, I have less black in the wardrobe, so the color 8 tankers (and cigar captoe boots as well) will get more wear. When I do have black on, I may reach for the NST shoe instead with warmer weather approaching.

All of which to me suggests that those unlined black PTBs should go (I've thought about selling numerous times)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  13. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Not a monk fan, but I would wear those often! While the breadth of your collection may not compare with Uncle's collection, your must-have pairs are certainly in the same league. I'm just trying to get in the same league with your lawn. Spring can't get here soon enough! I would like to live in SD. [​IMG]

14. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Senior member

Are you sure that we are actually going to get a spring here in NY? We just got 10 inches of snow yesterday. Funny how you draw to black in the winter. :)

15. Don L

Don L Senior member

Those are superb

16. Bonney

Bonney Senior member

yes, I agree

17. Bonney

Bonney Senior member

I bought that model too, great jeans

18. Bonney

Bonney Senior member

fter looking at some photos, I would like the Shell.

19. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

Thanks rtp, you're too kind.
    I miss mac's postings, hopefully he can rejoin us soon.
    Spring is here in sd, you might be able to see oranges that have fallen off the trees in the photo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.