1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Ooops. Wrong model number. I meant my Leffot version in #8. 97581

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  2. nemo

nemo Senior member

Navy CXL blucher and black shell plain toe boots in modified last. Perhaps I'm becoming greedy with some after thoughts, but wondering if I should have inquired about the ravello chukka that was also available in my size. :brick:

3. nemo

nemo Senior member

I tend to agree with you - a stiff catfish comes to mind - especially when they are new. But without any barries available...
    But on the other hand, I get the sense that the shell indys when worn as beaters really exemplify how lovely a horse's ass can be :p

4. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

I've pretty much given up on The Shoe Mart. I received a seconds list yesterday and the 800 number has been busy each and every time I have tried since.

5. brp2

brp2 Senior member

So I may have answered my own question. While not the dressiest of options, there was a black shell PTB on TSM's 10e seconds list. So long as it's not too obviously a second, and the fit is good (I've hypothesized for a while now that 10e is my true Barrie size), I may be all set.

6. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

This shouldn't even be a question... Schoolboy error!

I was a fan of a horses rear-end long before I found out that people had been making shoes from them.

:crazy:

7. ATLVol

ATLVol Senior member

Quote:
    This shouldn't even be a question... Schoolboy error!

Agree 100%.......buy now and decide later if you want to keep them!

8. nemo

nemo Senior member

Enablers, torturers? Please, let me hold the salt pig while you guys rub it in! :p

9. fullycaffed

fullycaffed Active Member

Picked up some indys in chrome excel, card got charged, but still no email confirmation. Hoping for shipment notification soon! Also hoping that the natural indys don't end up in my size on the list in June.

10. Subutai

Subutai Senior member

I ALMOST pulled the trigger on these, but had that same thought!

11. Don L

Don L Senior member

ravello Thursday

[​IMG]

12. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

FYI: Benjo's just put discount up

[​IMG]

http://www.benjos.com/ CODE: PLAINJANE 40% off

I'm not affiliated with them one bit, but they make some awesome laces here in the USA

13. z8k1n

z8k1n Senior member

Wow. None of my ravellos look like that!
    I assembled my team to decide which two or three I need to sell for space (and my conscience , I went from 0 pair of Alden's 2.5 years ago to this..and the photo doesn't include my white bucks!).
    From top then bottom left to right: cigar indy, cigar lwb, Paul Smith (not sure what), ravello ptb, black St.Crispin, ravello lab, whiskey lwb, ravello medallion cap toe (plaza), ravello chukka
    Those medallion cap toes are new, they are so beautiful!
    I'm willing to trade for the right wingtip boot (in 8.5 barrie/9plaza) if anyone is interested?
    I've listed the ravello lwb and the cigar lwb but am also considering giving up the ravello chukkas (but that color is too sweet!).
    First world problems I know.
    [​IMG]

14. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Am I correct in thinking that Alden uses ~22" laces for shoes (such as the LWB's) and ~55" laces for high boots (such as the Tanker)?

15. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

I just happened to have my old laces from my 975s at my desk (don't ask) and they're 26 inches. I have no idea with respect to the boots.

16. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

I'm asking...

17. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Hmmm... So if Benjo's only have 22" and 36" options, neither seem particularly appropriate for Aldens at 26". Which would be better - too long, or too short?

18. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

I can't imagine my 975 laces being much shorter and still be able to tie them without being a serious PITA. But 36 sounds super long.

19. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Indeed. Any my point of reference at the moment is the Frans Boone website which sells Alden laces. Has them in 21", 31" and 55" lengths... :puzzled:

20. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Maybe Tampas 975 don't have stock laces? I am wearing my 975s, but not sure if I feel like taking the laces out at work!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.