1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. D

Dr. D Senior member

In case you aren't aware, some (perhaps many) of these pairs have some serious issues. A couple of years ago I was passing through CT and dropped by Shoemart. That day I was looking for cigar LHS and they were sold out, but Ed was very patient (probably helped that is was a weekday afternoon and I was the only one there) and told me I should try on some shoes in other lasts so I knew what would fit when the time came (smart cookie, that Ed).

Anyhow, he showed me a few pairs of seconds that day, and all but 1 had serious problems that would have stopped me from buying at any price, discounted or not. In particular I recall some whiskey LHS that had a black blob right on the toe. If you have seen whiskey shell before you likely know the black spots I am talking about, they are pretty common. But this one was the size of a quarter. He smiled and told me he had those for a long time but that was why they were on sale.

So if you feel bad that you missed out on some seconds just remember that these are pairs that even Alden QC thought were so bad they couldn't be sold. :facepalm:

2. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

PM with an email address.

3. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Wow! Was calling the 0800 number from my office. Was on hold from 5:45pm to 6:45pm. I decided this was crazy so called the local CT number (from my cell phone) and requested to be put through to Ed Zapatka's office phone (on the off-chance he was still there). He was, and had the Ravello PTB's with antique trim I was calling for with him in the office!!! I will have them on Monday, and because of the 0800 number screw-up, he threw in some trees! :slayer:

1 person likes this.
  4. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

That's awesome!! Congrats!

5. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

I know! Thanks! Perfect condition 2nds I believe. Seriously, this never happens in my size (12.5D). To say I'm chuffed would be an understatement.

6. bfisher690

bfisher690 Member

Wow, just scored a pair of NST boots is color 8 (9.5d) from TSM for a steal. I wonder if these were a blem from the leffot order?

TSM is a great company. I tried for an hour and luckily got through in the end...

Brian

7. ScuffedBluchers

ScuffedBluchers Senior member

I was just figuring out lasts and what not, and now I'm seeing a burst of posts about seconds that means nothing to me. I've been poking around the TSM site and can't find a thing. I'm a 10D and I've been coveting cordovan boots but haven't taken the plunge because of $$$

Am I missing a deal?

Any help?

any love?

My single pair of wingtips are lonely.

8. PeterL

PeterL Senior member

I scored a pair of 40568H color 8 indy boot. Not sure what last are these made for.

9. ScuffedBluchers

ScuffedBluchers Senior member

See that's all it took. I found out how to sign up for the list the second I posted this. Now if I could just get a crack at the 10D list before it's dead.

10. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

Do you have their pic of them? Can you post or PM me a link?

I am in DC and don't have my #8 Indys... But they are most likely Trubalance. Only others I am aware of are the Plazas and they would have commando soles, and thus would have the code HC instead of H. H means hooks, C means commando.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  11. nemo

nemo Senior member

edit: oops sorry, meant to quote the original question on the last of the the indy 40568H.

They are Trubalance last, actually looking at one delivered this morning.

12. Techdaddy

Techdaddy Well-Known Member

Nothing like a fresh pair of Alden #8 [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  13. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

Nice 975s!!!! You have good taste in going with the Longwing! -M

14. Techdaddy

Techdaddy Well-Known Member

15. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

There you have it. They are Trubalance.

16. dcinitial

dcinitial Senior member

I called Shoe Mart earlier to place my order, the kind lady there said for whatever reason she couldnt place the boot into her cart and so she took down my info and would call me back to to confirm the order. She never did. Haha I am not holding my breath but does this mean they're out?

17. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

I was just kidding. The brown chrmxl PTB intrigued me but I wasn't serious.

18. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

RTP, one of us is confused here. I picked up the #8 Dovers and the Natty CXL WT boot in 10D. I didn't purchase the Brown CXL PTB that I think was available in 10.5D. I bought those as firsts from LeatherSoul a month ago... ;-)

19. PeterL

PeterL Senior member

Thanks! It would be nice if they were in Barrie last. They list them in Barrie last on the seconds list

20. shaunw

shaunw Senior member

I was wondering about that same pair, color #8 boot, commando sole, sounds interesting. I got the list about an hour after most and didn't even bother calling on it. Hopefully someone scored something nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.